Loaded And Crashing To Desktop

Alan Jones

Purchased Airbus Series Vol 1 today.

It is now 4 hours later and I still can't load an aircraft for longer than 5 seconds before the computer crashes the FSX.

Downloaded 2 fixes from Jan 2009 and deleted fmcg.cfg file as per Support Page from Wilco Products Support

Still no joy

Any ideas ?

Purchased Airbus Series Vol 1 today.

It is now 4 hours later and I still can't load an aircraft for longer than 5 seconds before the computer crashes the FSX.

Downloaded 2 fixes from Jan 2009 and deleted fmcg.cfg file as per Support Page from Wilco Products Support

Still no joy

Any ideas ?

Hello Alan,

you might get more information about the origin of the crashing FSX in the system-event-logger of the windows system.

For details how to check the "event viewer" see the microsoft support-pages. On each crash of application software you will most often find an entry there.

May be a dll is not found at startup of the fsx.

Hope this information helps to solve the problem.

Regards

Frank

Hello Alan,

you might get more information about the origin of the crashing FSX in the system-event-logger of the windows system.

For details how to check the "event viewer" see the microsoft support-pages. On each crash of application software you will most often find an entry there.

May be a dll is not found at startup of the fsx.

Hope this information helps to solve the problem.

Regards

Frank

Hi Frank

Each time I had tried to load Event Viewer shows

"A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (Flight Simulator X v10.0.61355.0)"

Then 'CRASH' and Event Viewer shows

"The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application"

So there appears to be a problem but how can I fix it ?

Alan

Hi Frank

Each time I had tried to load Event Viewer shows

"A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (Flight Simulator X v10.0.61355.0)"

Then 'CRASH' and Event Viewer shows

"The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application"

So there appears to be a problem but how can I fix it ?

Alan

Hi Alan,

I never had the same problem. I would try to find some hints in the different forums with the error-phrase or parts of it. I do not have a vista installation. Therefore I can not really give you more support.

May be someone else here has more experience with vista. (If the FSX did run before the installation of this package without problems it might help to check some other addon-products on the manufacture-sides. As far as I remember there is often something explained especially for vista FSX addon-installations).

Sorry, I can't give a better advice.

Regards Frank

Hi Alan,

I never had the same problem. I would try to find some hints in the different forums with the error-phrase or parts of it. I do not have a vista installation. Therefore I can not really give you more support.

May be someone else here has more experience with vista. (If the FSX did run before the installation of this package without problems it might help to check some other addon-products on the manufacture-sides. As far as I remember there is often something explained especially for vista FSX addon-installations).

Sorry, I can't give a better advice.

Regards Frank

Hi Frank

Thanks for your help thus far.

At least we have something to look for now

Regards

Alan

Hello Alan,

Did you follow the advice on the Wilco Support pAge if you are running Vista.

HOW TO SETUP Airbus Series Vol.1 under Windows-VISTA :

* Go into program files\microsoft games\

* highlight Flight Simulator X folder and right-click on it

* Select the SECURITY tab

* Click on your username (not on Administrator 1)

* Click on the 'edit' option (it should have a pic of a shield on the button with edit next to it)

* Then you should be prompted by Vista security module, click on 'ALLOW'

* Then tick the 'Full Control' box and press 'OK'

You should then be able to use the Airbus Series Vol.1.