Twin Otter - New 400 Series

BradS

Good news to those Twotter Fans! Viking has now put into production the new model of the DHC-6 line, the 400 Series. :D This includes such things as the newest variant of the PT-6 powerplant, glass cockpit and carbon fiber in the structure.

Sooooo, when will Aerosoft update the awesome Twotter to this new -400 model? My credit card is standing by.... B)

Hi Brad

Are you following me from Forum to Forum, or am I following you?

And you have recieved an answer to a question that I was about to ask, but I am about to ask another under a new topic regarding the Twotter.

See you round!

Malcolm

Hello BradS,

No plans for this I'm afraid but a new sound module for the one we do have.

Thank you for this information. I just acquired the CD version of the Twotter and I must say....HOLY GOD!!! THE THING FLIES LIKE THE REAL THING!!! I must say you guys got the interior cockpit sound nailed. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! Down to reducing the props on climb-out and props going full fine on final! I nearly wet myself on approach into St Barths with this honey. Holding 70 kts, Full flaps, basically riding the stall in all the way. I'm from the Caribbean so I know what I'm talking about. One thing I think could've been better. The exterior sounds are not good. Start-up's okay. Low idle and high idle are okay as well but not too defined. You can hear the idle sounds in there somewhere but they're mixed in with a lot of other sounds it seems like. Full throttle needs some work. If you've ever heard the PT6A-34 at full power, it's like a loud "mooning" sound(for want of a better descriptive word) :rolleyes: . Other than that, this bird does justice to Twotters everywhere and Twotter pilots. I would know. I am one. FANTASTIC WORK!!!! Marvellous!!!

P.S Funny you should have a picture of a 6-300 float model (Seaborne Airlines, St Thomas U.S.V.I??) on the cover of the CD version. I'd love to have a go at that in the sim. I fly the wheeled version in real life. :lol::)

• 1 month later...
Hello BradS,

No plans for this I'm afraid but a new sound module for the one we do have.

Have just seen this post is new sound module out yet and how do i get it .

Thanks Richard