Simprobe Vs Scenery

Hodge7

In the posts on Ravna's Indonesian mission mention was made that the simprobe lift characteristics may not match the scenery being used or that was my take on it. What exactly is simprobe using for ground terrain information and can there be a mismatch based on which scenery has been loaded.

I noticed some changes in mountain shape in Austria from the default fsx to the Austrian scenery I purchased (from flugwerk I think) How is simprobe handling this?

Jeff

From my understanding, if I remember right, it works with the terrain data you have loaded at the time (in your case, the Austrian scenery). Ian may have some documentation at his site about this too, I can't remember.

Scott

Hodge

Who knows what I was talking about... but the DEFAULT scenery was so different from the real thing that I was flying through mountains, when I viewed my IGC file on Google earth. I was insinuating that if Sim_probe was using "Real World Data" my flight would have very different and lift (& Sink) would have been in different places.

Thanks'

Sam