I am runing FSX SP & flying LS8-18(VERSION 2A DEC 08).I have FSZweverView Recorder installed.All works ok untill i press the last GO on the GPS-NAV which should bring up "ON TASK", but i get ERROR and a black screen.I am used to using the systembut in fsx it has got me baffeld.i am running in Administrator mode.

Everything has been reloaded (by new downloads).

Can anyone please help

Frank Goode

Frank,

can you mail me the *.dat file you're using and the GPS-NAV.dat file you created ?

I just tested the LS with CAI-set and it worked ok...

(had to dug out the #$%&* manual to get it running... ) :lol:

:cheers2:

Max

note that running CumulusX/sim_probe includes an IGC file logging capability by default and all flights automatically produce a log without needing action by the pilot. The typical logfile runs from sim start to landing or mission completion.

Ian

Frank, did you ever find out what your problem was? If I remember right, a person had to have not just a .DAT file with all the waypoints listed, but have a course set as well to get the CAISET to function correctly. If I get a few minutes tonight, I will try and varify that for you, but in the mean time if you get a chance, try that out.

Scott

I CAN varify that if there is no task set, I get an error. So that could at least be a possible problem maybe. So make sure you set a task using FSZwever Viewer 2004 or earlier. See if that doesn't solve the problem, and if that's not the problem, please let us know so we can get it workin for you.

Scott

• 2 years later...

Just came across this thread again and I know it's old, but, I had some similar things happening to me lately again. This time I found the problem with starting with a DAT file inside FSZweverView2 & Viewer2004 that had more than 250 entries, and when a waypoint was used outside the first 250, that was when I was getting the error. For instance, my error was that my waypoints were all between 250 and 500 of the 586 entries of the DAT file. What I finally realized was, those 2 viewers only recognizes the first 250 entries. So after I erased the first 250 of 586, and used that DAT, it renumbered it and used the first 250 again, resulting in enough of the entries to be be used. Hope I explained that right for anybody to know what I meant.

And, sorry Max if it was or wasn't in the original documentation. I didn't actually think to look into that.

Scott