Minden Soaring Competition

SlaminSam

I have started a competion session in Gamespy. Will launch @ 2:45pm Nevada Time. "Minden Soaring Comp." is the name. Limited to 30 players. I think you need to have FSX Acceleration, not sure?

SoaringSam is the host name and it is in the "competions" directory

I have started a competion session in Gamespy. Will launch @ 2:45pm Nevada Time. "Minden Soaring Comp." is the name. Limited to 30 players. I think you need to have FSX Acceleration, not sure?

SoaringSam is the host name and it is in the "competions" directory

Well I did it by myself 24minutes 15 seconds. Any one want to participate at a different time?

Hi Sam

I havent ever tried a competition through Gamespy. Can you give me some info on how I do it. Am happy to fly the comp but don't know how.

Hodge

Hodge

Pleased to make your Acquaintance. I am not an expert but this is what I know.

A) You must have Acceleration Add-on, for this competition(s).

B) Go to FSinsider.com and go to downloads, and download the "Bonus Acceleration Racing Missions" and install them.

C) Make sure that you have Sim_Probe & CumulusX installed too.

To join a Competition -

1a) Start FSX,

2a) Go to multiplayer, from the left hand menu in FSX

3a) create an ID, If you have not done so in past.

4a) log on,

5a) Select the Lobby you want, (At the top, center, just below your user name, you will see "Lobby", ) In this case select "competitions". (Free Flight has way to many things going on for me to figure out how to find some one without an IP Address.) If you need an IP Address use Google.com/ig

6a) Select the flight or Select the session, from the listing.

7a) Not to sure after this but I'll Guess here, Select your flying weapon of choice, Mine is the "Soar DG808". in the change role or aircraft, Player section.

8a) Fly now

To play by yourself or on a LAN

1b) Start FSX,

2b) Go to multiplayer, from the left hand menu in FSX

3b) Select LAN, select "Signin"

4b) Select "Host a session" Bottom right

5b) in the Session type, select Mission, & "Next"

6b) I only have two missions, for multiplayer, specifically for sailplanes, The "Austrian Hoop Course" and the "Minden XC Competition", select you choice.

7b) Select Next, Select next again.

8b) Select your flying weapon of choice, Mine is the "Soar DG808". in the change role or aircraft, Player section.

9b) Select "Fly Now".

The Minden XC course, Start, is setup like a Sail-Boat competition. This means everyone is fighting for position for the start of the race. You are given five minutes to get to starting hieght. I try to get to 10,000 feet. Crossing the starting line, at or near, the start of the race is an art in itself. I personally, would really like to experience 30 aircraft fighting for position without killing each other. In any case, it should take, in the "DG808", which everyone has, about 30 minutes to complete. In the "Soar DG808", about 25 minutes. I can tell you that I have run this about 20 times now, in all different kinds of sailplanes, I landed out the 1st time. If I say anymore I will spoil it for someone else.

The Austrian Hoop Course, is I beleive, is a format you should use for the Aerobatic training mission. The I have run this course about five times and crashed three of them. But using this type format would show you the path you would be taking to perform a specific manuver and then you could continue to the next. The L.A.K. Genesis 2, I thought was a good choice for this competition because I could turn it on a dime. My best time was 7:14 in the old and trusty "Soar DG808". Well, not old, but I use it for everything because it responds and quite frankly, it fits the bill for most occasions, and its cool! I just need to fiqure out how to re-paint it for my own.

In any case, if you need my IGC file for a path to follow, that works, just ask. (Now I have to go and make it and rename it.)

Sounds cool but where does the Minden Soaring Comp come from? It's not in the "Bonus Acceleration Racing Missions" download from Microsoft as far as I can tell.

thanks - Ian

Sounds cool but where does the Minden Soaring Comp come from? It's not in the "Bonus Acceleration Racing Missions" download from Microsoft as far as I can tell.

thanks - Ian

Ian

Nice to meet you too. You can only see it from Multiplayer. Check the directory in missions under racing catagory.

Thanks Sam

Hey guys,

great idea. Is there someone who can host and wants to fly some Multiplayer-Misson-Glider-Races? Preferably 20:oo UTC - 01:oo UTC? on weekends possibly +1 or +2 longer.

I'd really love to try that out. But give me some time to react. I'm not online every day/night and - special thanks to my boss here - need some time to save a little time window in my schedule.

Dirk.

Hey guys,

great idea. Is there someone who can host and wants to fly some Multiplayer-Misson-Glider-Races? Preferably 20:oo UTC - 01:oo UTC? on weekends possibly +1 or +2 longer.

I'd really love to try that out. But give me some time to react. I'm not online every day/night and - special thanks to my boss here - need some time to save a little time window in my schedule.

Dirk.

Dirk.

Please to meet you. I would like to do something simple 1st, that everyone has run like Austria 2 or 3. But...I think it is OK with me? Is 20:00 UTC = 1:00pm MST? Maybe I should ask "B21" if he could modify the Austrian series for multiplayer?

BTW I went to the Southwest Classic on Saturday. I would say there was about 100+ RC Sailplanes and as many as 15 Sailplanes in the air at one time. About 5 or 6 Winches. I placed my "tentitive"order for the new Radio from Airtronics the SG-10G. It was really good and they had BBQ, Pulled Pork Sandwiches. A really good turn out and the weather on Saturday was great too. The air field they flew at was about 40 miles from my house. It was a good time to be had by all. Spectator and participate alike. I was have testing done on Sunday so I was unable to participate.

I am most happy to host but lets talk more before we go and do it.

Thanks

SlaminSamuel