Genesis 2 Fix

wingman5

Hi Guys

I have posted the fix for the Genesis over at avsim and flightsim as g2fixfs9.zip and g2fixfsx.zip .It corrects the reversed yawstring and also the rudder in fs9 , and following feedback from a Genesis owner I have reduced the rudder sensitivity and the amount of pitch-up when deploying the spoilers .Sorry for the confusion :embaressed: .

Dave R

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys

I have posted the fix for the Genesis over at avsim and flightsim as g2fixfs9.zip and g2fixfsx.zip .It corrects the reversed yawstring and also the rudder in fs9 , and following feedback from a Genesis owner I have reduced the rudder sensitivity and the amount of pitch-up when deploying the spoilers .Sorry for the confusion :embaressed: .

Dave R

Dave R

Nice Sailplane. I really like how you can make pretty tight turns and how it climbs in the thermals. Very nice interior also.

Sam

• 5 months later...

In the Genesis panel, the lcd variometer shows a quickly varying number whenever in sink. It doesn't seem to be related to the variometer 'expected altitude at waypoint' seen on the DG808 Soar. What does this number signify? Is the variometer modeled after a real life variometer that I could look up? Also, what does the 'Bal' writing on the variometer face mean? The knobs don't seem active so there's no McReady functions, are there?

Just occured to me - is this the 'recommended speed to fly' with respect to a waypoint? Why no readout in lift if this is so?

Does the number have anything to do with waypoints at all?

C. J. Klingman

Briarcliff, TX

In the Genesis panel, the lcd variometer shows a quickly varying number whenever in sink. It doesn't seem to be related to the variometer 'expected altitude at waypoint' seen on the DG808 Soar. What does this number signify? Is the variometer modeled after a real life variometer that I could look up? Also, what does the 'Bal' writing on the variometer face mean? The knobs don't seem active so there's no McReady functions, are there?

Just occured to me - is this the 'recommended speed to fly' with respect to a waypoint? Why no readout in lift if this is so?

Does the number have anything to do with waypoints at all?

C. J. Klingman

Briarcliff, TX

Hi

I believe this is a Filser DX50 computer in real life , but in the sim its a combination of the

workings for the default DG808 nav display and B21 vario .

On the LCD vario the upper number display shows the altitude .The lower is readout of the the L/D ratio.

"Bal" and all the other symbols are just eye candy .

Some of the buttons are functional , see the diagram in the Information folder under "Cockpit" .