New Kid In The Pit

Ravna

Hi, I just landed.

(Karen opened the catflap for me, so I could sneak in)

I wanted to share some stuff, but am not really sure how to do it.

Most users are the point and click types. It has to work out of the box.

They can't be bothered to download additional stuff.

Am I allowed to include material, hosted on this site, in an installer ?

With freeware the routine is simply to check with the original author, and include a credit for their work in your package. Most of the guys here will be happy for you to include stuff so long as it's not for commercial gain.

If the general idea is to create an exe install package I think that would be a great contribution. I can work out how an installer puts files in the right place but both CumulusX and sim_probe require an edit to exe.xml and I have no idea whether that can be scripted...

Ian

No, nothing commercial.

(Im from the Unix world, we don't know the word "money" :D)

Just to make things a little easier.

Many ppl aren't comfortable with simple things like moving/editing files.

I run a motorcycle forum , and have my share of "users". :winks:

Editing config files is not a problem, just look at the FSUIPC installer.

I admire the work of this community, but it needs a bit of knowledge to get all your stuff working.

(and almost nobody reads manuals)

It might be a good idea to provide the full "SOAR Experience" with one click.

BTW

Here's my first attempt at soaring missions.

Black Forest Soaring

Maybe you like it.

BTW

Here's my first attempt at soaring missions.

Black Forest Soaring

Maybe you like it.

I liked it. I flew the track in 1:44:09, nice area to fly in, saw two balloons and a spectacular bush fire. And heard a nice sweet woman voice, although I couldn't always hear what she said.

But in what season did you set the weather? I think it's between automn and spring, for I noticed no CumulusX activity. And that leaves me with very quiet air-texture between thermals and very predictable themals right under the visible thermal-clouds. The mission can be more exciting when it is set to fly in summer with lots of CumulusX activity.

But nevertheless, keep up the good work, your first attempt looks promissing.

Bert

Back to the Forum after a few months away, moving to another country has taken a lot of time. Nice to see all the recent activity, cannot wait to try the DG version 3 and the Black Forest Mission! Many thanks to all those who keep improving and developing for a better gliding experience in FSX.

Pedro

Thx for the reply, Bruin.

It totally escaped my attention, that I had real world weather enabled . .

I couldn't run CumulusX, because my GPU broke down, and the mobo chip can't run SP2.

Changed flight and weather file, I hope this works better.