Aerotow Pihelgas

Has anybody success with lates version of Pihelgas Aerotow module? I cannot get it to work, it seems as if it does not recognize the request for the tow plane.

The menu does not show up and the tow-plase behaves totally as usual.

regards,

Peter

Has anybody success with lates version of Pihelgas Aerotow module? I cannot get it to work, it seems as if it does not recognize the request for the tow plane.

The menu does not show up and the tow-plase behaves totally as usual.

regards,

Peter

Nope. But I have to admit that I haven't tried. If you need me to test it out, let me know. I think I should land at Mifflin in about 1 1/2 h later. Damn long, this Day 5 task

Dirk.

Hi Dirk,

nice to see you again.

In the meantime I found out that it seems to work only when installed in the FSX main directory (as described at fsdeveloper.com :embaressed: ).

Now I get the menu, but when I select right hand circles (optin 3) it only makes the first turn and then goes striaght ahead forever. Could be nice if somebody could cross check this.

BTW, stay tuned for another 808S release that can slip.

regards,

Peter

Now I get the menu, but when I select right hand circles (optin 3) it only makes the first turn and then goes striaght ahead forever.

Same attitude here. Also with option 2 only one 180degrees turn. I posted a request for a fix on the FSDeveloper-forum.

Bert

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bert,

it's still working, but erroneously I stated at EDKA, but it was EDKV. I didfn't chek at EDKA yet. I checked also the flightplan feature and it worked too.

But it seems, that Aerotow stops controlling after releasing the tow, because then the tow-plane didn't follow the defined tow plane anymore.

BTW, there is a trick to define round trip flightplanes. Simply start the flightplan at a parking position rather than a runway. Then define at the end position the airport. In the map view you get now a short straight line that you can drag to as many waypoints as you want, being the first one your actual runway. When the glider is positioned there, FSX will simply skip the parking location as a starting point.

So you can create quickly a pretty cool towing pattern, that is even reusable.

regards,

Peter

Nothing in particular, it lloks like this:

[general]
active=1
version=2.0
fsversion=fsx-sp2

[towplane]
title=Maule M7 260C (New tow)
turnalt=500
turndelay=0
patternleglen=30
throttle=75

Meanwhile I tried also at EDKA, where it worked, too. I have my own EDKV, which might be a source for differences. with a google photo terrain, which I cannot share for obvious reasons.

It works with the Astir, the SOAR DG and the stock DG.

Only one thing I have new that I know of, that is the latest FSUIPS release 4.40. Aerotow does not make use of it, but may be it has interfered with the SimConnect interface somehow. Yet initially I tried to deactivate everything else.

BTW, I created a new version of the tow-plane that has some more realistic towing performance already long before I used aerotow.

best regards,

Peter