Freetrack V2.2 Available

sf4JC

For anyone interrested, this has been an update long in coming for the FreeTrack community. With the use of better technology and upgrading the UI, this is bound to be the best release so far. So if you have been looking into trying out a program like TrackIR, please give FreeTrack a try for a lot less money.

For those that have been using FreeTrack, I think in this version you won't be able to reload saved profiles. I haven't read all the instructions yet, but from when I go into the profiles section, it doesn't show my old profiles. So there may have to be some work done on making new profiles. But from what I've gathered from some of the instruction, the actual movement of your head inside the cockpit is producible to within mm's. So if your like me, where once in a while I would find my head outside the cockpit range. This will no longer happen if you get the camera's specs set in right.

Just wanted everyone to know if you didn't already. I think it's the cheapest/almost free option if wanting something like TrackIR.

Scott

BEWARE!! Fs2004/FSX users have already found a bug in this release, so you may want to wait for a while before installing this version. There is a bug in the VC View that throws you in and out sometimes it seems km's away from aircraft. There is a possible temporary solution, but I for one haven't gotten it to work right. I may have to end up reinstalling FreeTrack v2.1.2 untill the problem is fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted everyone to know that's wondering, the fix isn't published yet, but I thought from a FreeTrack Forum entry it was coming around the corner. I just haven't seen it yet.

Also just wanted to acknowledge, this hasn't been a problem for some it seems in FS2004/FSX, so try it and see. Just install it in a new directory so as to keep the previous version (if installed) intacked. It really seems to be a work of art if it just works right for an individual.

Scott (sf4JC)

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this fix helpful and it works for me I think, I have only spent an hour or so with it but it seems to work out the sensitivity problems I was having (somehow works for FS2004 also for me). You can find this fix in this thread http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?show...amp;page=1#8969 at the FreeTrack website in the 43rd reply. I think you will need to install the TrackIR_4.1.036 software (address and follow the instructions found in the same thread in reply #6). I installed according to reply #6, then installed the fix from reply #43, and all is well for me for now.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the official fix is out for FreeTrack, which is now version 2.2.0.279, and I guess it's been out for a week now :whistling: . I've not given this update a real test yet, but so far so good for me. It looks like there may only be minor issues now from what's on the message board there.

Scott