Preview of Astir CS for FSX

bruin

I hereby proudly pronounce giving rebirth to Max Roodveldt's excellent model of the Astir CS to come alive in FSX. Pictures of the newly reborn are attached. (Stepfather and -child are doing well at the moment :D ).

Main problem with the original FS2002/2004 version was that it was released with an install.exe which included a coded air.file, and running that procedure causes errors in FSX. So I worked around the original install.exe and made a "new" normal air.file for it, based on one of the air.files that come with Wolfgang Piper's FSX-gliders.

The shown textures and panel/gauges are mostly based on the in real life still flying D-6993.

Some gauge-issues are still to be solved and documentation has to be (re-)written, but as far as I can see now that is doable.

More to come soon.

Bert

post-289-1219354374.jpg

post-289-1219354406.jpg

post-289-1219354573.jpg

Thanks Bert, cannot wait to add this glider to my FSX "Hanger of Gliders" Collection. Can't remember off hand just how many I have installed, most of which are from Wolfgang Piper's site.

Scott