Soaring with others

redbaron

Dear soaring freinds,

Can sombody instruct me which IP address is used for fs multyplayer and which for teamspeak2?

Hi Baron,

as Scott (sf4JC) - the fellow who hosted the server and teamspeak - wrote in another thread here, that he is busy with moving, house selling, house buying, ...

So it could be down for over a month or so. Sorry to those that have tried to use it lately, I have been so busy getting ready for the move that I haven't gotten around to turning the server on lately. I'll keep everyone posted, but I will most likely have limited access to the internet for a while after next weekend.

As far as I know, there's no other S.O.A.R.-member hosted server out there. If you're running FSX, you could try FSX internal, GameSpy based multiplayer mode. On Saturday evening / night (GMT) there most probably will be a session called "Gliding....", "Soaring..." or "Segelfliegen..." hosted by a guy called Mathias. His sessions are usually full of international pilots flying gliders/motorgliders and great fun. Ther wont's be a flight plan or race usually, but feel free to just talking with the other guys (via FSX) and organize one yourself if you want one.

Try this for multiplayer fun as long as Scott is busy dealing with real life issues.

If you're flying FS9... I don't have any alternative for you. I never had FS9.

:cheers2: Dirk.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Baron,

as Scott (sf4JC) - the fellow who hosted the server and teamspeak - wrote in another thread here, that he is busy with moving, house selling, house buying, ...

As far as I know, there's no other S.O.A.R.-member hosted server out there. If you're running FSX, you could try FSX internal, GameSpy based multiplayer mode. On Saturday evening / night (GMT) there most probably will be a session called "Gliding....", "Soaring..." or "Segelfliegen..." hosted by a guy called Mathias. His sessions are usually full of international pilots flying gliders/motorgliders and great fun. Ther wont's be a flight plan or race usually, but feel free to just talking with the other guys (via FSX) and organize one yourself if you want one.

Try this for multiplayer fun as long as Scott is busy dealing with real life issues.

If you're flying FS9... I don't have any alternative for you. I never had FS9.

:cheers2: Dirk.

Hello redbaron, I just read my PM from you today, after my MIA for 2 weeks from the internet world. If you've got FSHostSpy installed and running FS9 or FSX, try the server for the Alps, French Alps, or Southern Alps, I don't remember the exact server name, and since I do not have my computer hooked up to the internet I cannot varify that info for you. Once in a while I would see gliders flying on it.

Sorry I cannot be more help at this time.

Scott

Hello redbaron, I just read my PM from you today, after my MIA for 2 weeks from the internet world. If you've got FSHostSpy installed and running FS9 or FSX, try the server for the Alps, French Alps, or Southern Alps, I don't remember the exact server name, and since I do not have my computer hooked up to the internet I cannot varify that info for you. Once in a while I would see gliders flying on it.

Sorry I cannot be more help at this time.

Scott

Thank you freinds.

I'll try to go on acoording to your kind advise.

see you in the sky

Redbaron

• 1 month later...

Hey Redbaron, just thought of you today when I ran FSHostSpy. How are things going for you online? The server that I was trying to mention the other week was "Swisshops" and another I found to have gliders once in a while is "SimFly.EU Dedicated 24/7". I've even seen one or two being flown on one of the TopGun servers.

Anyway, hope things are going good for you online if you've been there. As it stands at the moment, my servers won't be up for a while still. I'm being told the housing market isn't good right now for the house to be sold, even at an alarming pricedrop.

Scott