Back from vacation

Peter Lürkens

... that's what you really deserved (imho at least) after the CumulusX! development.

1964_downing_wine.gif

BTW: Did you stop at Rieti on your way back and brought us some nice pics? :clapping:

Actually not, because there was not enough time. Two full days of driving back home 1900 km over the alps. But in the beginning I saw a trailer from Romania driving in that direction, compliments!

Cheers, Peter

Actually not, because there was not enough time. Two full days of driving back home 1900 km over the alps. But in the beginning I saw a trailer from Romania driving in that direction, compliments!

Cheers, Peter

950km a day? uh oh. Sounds really bad. Hope you still could preserve some impressions from your vacation and didn't loose all energy on route?

BTW: Stop by for a coffee break next time. You must have been really close after about 300km (two weeks ago) or after 1600km on your way back home ;)

We'll head north in august, stay at north sea for a while and then will take the long route back via the Netherlands, Belgium and probably Luxemburg. Exact tracks aren't set yet. I really need some days off to defrag my HDD (say: brain). Just even thinking about vacation helps to get through my days.

:winks:

Peter,

What does gas cost per gallon in Europe? You must have cars that will run on fumes and will go for miles and miles on a gallon of gas :lol: Did you by chance take any photos while driving through the Dolomites? Glad you had a nice trip.

Cheers, :smiles:

Don

Actually, I shared driving with my wife, but still it was hard enough.

Regular is 1.57€/ltr today, and my Volkswagen station runs on 8.5ltr/100km on long distance (well, its an old one).

The whole trip was almost 600€ for fuel, quite some driving at the place included (Pompei, Vesuvio)

Cheers,

Peter

Regular is 1.57€/ltr today, and my Volkswagen station runs on 8.5ltr/100km on long distance (well, its an old one).

Recently my Astir CS did 511km on 1.0ltr. The winch start costs me about € 7,50. :winks: . Welcome back, Peter.

Bert

Really? if so congratulations...

Ian

No, I looked at a wrong logfile, ie a flight in which I was the co-pilot in a Duo Discus. My Garmin 96C registrates all flown km's, flying in thermals included. The OLC-distance of that flight was about 260km.

In my Astir my record (so far) was a 3,5hr local flight in which I flew 333km, flying in thermals included.

Bert