Same old problem it seems...cannot get cumulusX to load

Hi there flyers

Am having real problems...... down loaded the cumulusx 1.0 have got all the right programmes installed. have reinstalled etc like the acvice given but still no joy.

Start up cumulus x from the root file and it tells me, Error Cumulus X not properly configurated. settings are seset to default. No probs there . so the big square somes up Settings I press ok and we get the infamous error box...... on opening fsx there is no new tab so I dont think Cumulus has installed its self.

Running windows xp fsx with acceleration ,net 2

Please help ................just been reading is it somthing to do with the registry ??????????? have down loaded sim connect as well so thats ok

Happy landings

sorry no what is a PM?????????????????

Sorry Highflyer, the question was for the creator of CumulusX, Peter Lürkens. I sent two Private Messages (PM's) to him last night.

Bert

I know it's "easier said than done", but please be patient highflyer, and give it a little more time. If I know Peter and the guys, he is on top of it trying to come up with a solution "as we speak".

As far as the registry goes, I am totally at a loss there :huh: . I have tried to enlighten myself on the internet with What, Where, and the inner workings of the registry is and came up more stumped than what I was :blink: . So all I can say is, be patient because it will be well worth :yahoo: the wait.

Scott

I know it's "easier said than done", but please be patient highflyer, and give it a little more time. If I know Peter and the guys, he is on top of it trying to come up with a solution "as we speak".

As far as the registry goes, I am totally at a loss there :huh: . I have tried to enlighten myself on the internet with What, Where, and the inner workings of the registry is and came up more stumped than what I was :blink: . So all I can say is, be patient because it will be well worth :yahoo: the wait.

Scott

:yahoo: thank you scott I will be

:yahoo: thank you scott I will be

GOT THIS REPLY FROM RICHARD ABOUT THE REGISTRY DOES IT HELP ANYONE???????????

Hi there, do the the following.

Go to - Start - Run and type in regedit.exe and click ok [this will take you to the registry]

Then on the left you will see a menu and look for the following - HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Click on the + to expand the file.

Then look for - software and click on the + to expand that.

Then search down and look for Peter Lurkens.

Click on the + to expand that and you will see Cumulus X

At this point right click on cumulus X and delete the entry.

Then run CX again and hopefully all will be well.

Richard

Thanks for that Richard did as you asked and Peter Lurkens is not there that only leads me to think that it has not installed for some reason is that right????????????