FunFly/Contest...less than 72hrs away

sf4JC

Just wanted to say if anyone wants to be a part of it ( http://virtualsoaring.org/iboard/index.php?showtopic=1595 ), you will need to install this file ( http://cid-50a1bbdf9c718a47.skydrive.live....May-31-2008.zip ) and also have installed FSHostClient v1.1 from http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/?fshostclient.html to connect.

Come fly along side your fellow FS2004 buddies and just have fun. I will be available through TeamSpeak server most of the day if you have any questions. I may not be able to answer them all, but I may be able to guide you in the right direction.

sf4JC (Scott)

Hi Scott,

first: I really appreciate your work and imho you do a great job with this event. Selecting an area, creating a task, painting, setting up the server, promoting the event... I must admit that I'm sure there was even more work you did (or will do) and that I forgot about to mention.

Great! :respect:

second: I'd really love to join this event - but unfortunaltely I won't. No. Cut out the "un" from "unfortunately". I'll be on holiday in Spain. :yahoo:

I really hope that the event will be successful and that it won't be the last one.

:cheers2: Dirk

Thanks Dirk, I just hope I haven't left anything out. In fact, I'm kinda worried at this point in time. My FSHost server has gotten no hits except for one way back at the beginning of announcement. So I hope I've got the server set up right.

Anyway, Thanks! And hope you enjoy your holiday!

Scott

Just wanted to add, that I will try to post some statistics about the event before the weekend hopefully. A THANKS goes out for those that did attend. I was unable to stay near my computer most of the day and monitor the event due to some unwanted happenings, so I hope everything went well otherwise. I did find out though, that there was a problem with my TeamSpeak Server, so thanks to Peter for pointing that out. I haven't a clue as to how to fix this, and this is a must for multiplayer, cause I for one do not like to type in my chat messages while flying, or a task for that matter.

If anyone has any suggestions for a next event, I'm all "ears". I was originally thinking of keeping them thermal events, since everybody may not have the slope files needed for a specific area.

sf4JC

hey how many people finally attended the event?

teamspeak isnt that hard to manage, if you will organize more events, i might be able to help out with that ;)

furthermore, personally, i don't know how it is for other people but i really get a feeling of realism and freedom if ridgelift is included, and not just thermal. i know its a hassle with the files, but still, is it not worth it?

regards, flyingdutchman

First off, WELCOME to SOAR.

I didn't get a chance today to look into the results, but I think I can safely say it was less than 10. I'm not discouraged by this, since I didn't really advertise it very well. The help would be totally accepted. I just need to review the day and see what questions I need to ask. But definitely the TeamSpeak one needs to be addressed before the next event. Whoops, did I say next event?! Yep, I believe I am willing to give this another try. I agree with you as far as adding slope soaring, because I know I can "feel" and understand ridge lift better I think than thermal soaring. I just don't want to leave the FS2004 users out. And I'm not sure as to if a FSX user is going to want to always shift between Sim_Probe and old slope lift files all the time if the events keep coming.

Just give me a few days, and I hope to have some more info. And again, Welcome!

sf4JC

Welp, I've got some results, but not done yet. There were a total of only 5 pilots. The most flying at one time was 3. I forgot to post where to put an individuals IGC file if they had one, so that didn't get done. Preliminary results might show me as the winner of the contest course at 50min13sec. I originally got a time of 35min53sec, but I think I had stronger wind at the time.

Aircraft flown throughout the day were...

Schweizer 2-32 Sailplane

Stemme S10 Motorglider

Flight1_Cessna_152 1

DG808S

Schleicher ASW-28 (LX/N6LX) fs9 0.0

Schleicher ASG 29-18 MOTOR GLIDER

Duo Discus X Front #3n1

sf4JC