Anyone using FEX with Cumulus X?

DonaldT

I have Flight Enviroment installed, is it compatible with cumulus topped thermals?

Any problems? I am really interested in giving Cumulus X a try if not.

Thanx in advance for your replies. :winks:

I have Flight Enviroment installed, is it compatible with cumulus topped thermals?

Any problems? I am really interested in giving Cumulus X a try if not.

Thanx in advance for your replies. :winks:

To be honest, I have no idea. From short reading, I have the impression that FEX affects just the weather rendering, and generates weather via FSX weather settings. As such it will most probably not interfere with CumulusX!.

I propose you giving it a try, and report back about your experience.

best regards,

Peter

The ridge lift calculation is independent of pretty much anything else going on in and around FSX (it reads the FSX wind speed and direction, and probes the terrain around the user aircraft). From the CumulusX! window you can turn Cu's and ridgelift on and off to see how you're doing. So you can choose whether to have ridge lift or not, whether to have thermals or not, and whether to display the Cu's or not ('natural thermal visualisation'). I think a clash with another add-on is actually fairly unlikely, but even in that circumstance I think you'd be able to get something workable out of it.

Ian

• 3 months later...

There seems to be no problem combining Cumulus X with Flight Environment X. I am using the latest update with 4096 clouds and the thermal clouds appear fine.

Best Regards, Donald T. :big_boss: