"FS Recorder" Flight

sf4JC

I recently downloaded the FS Recorder (freeware) from AVSIM to try it out with a simulated multiplayer environment. I first recorded a flight up Mount Cook and back down. Then, I replayed the flight as I followed the original aircraft from the recording, which I also recorded. FS Recorder has the ability to combine the two, or more, flights so that now, the next flight can be recorded. Okay, I realize you probably didn't totally follow me, so here's a few pictures of my simulated multiplayer environment. Keep in mind, each of the aircraft you see is flown by me, but at different times.

post-233-1213627511_thumb.jpg

post-43-1213691829_thumb.jpg

Making a video may not be out of reach with this functionality. I finally got my freeware screen capture (video) program to work on my Vista machine, but I haven't checked to see the effects this has on FS Recorder at the same time.

sf4JC

post-1499-1203908674.jpg

I recently downloaded the FS Recorder (freeware)

Neat. Were you dependent upon the new CumulusX! capability of providing repeatable AutoThermals or did you stay in ridgelift?

I guess if you race around a task a few times and record every time, you can tell easily if you're improving the speed or not...

Does FS Recorder need FSUIPC or is it a pure simconnect client?

Ian

I relied on ridge lift all the way up with your sim_probe in action. As far as what FS Recorder uses, maybe it uses simconnect I guess, just installs a .dll file and a change to the dll.xml file.

sf4JC

Hi Sean,

did you do something special with Wolfgangs Gliders? At my side, the simply do not become visible. that happens when they are spawned by FSHOST, or by traffic explorer, and FSRECORDER likewise.

Otherwise, as user aircraft they work fine.

regards,

Peter

Was that question for me? I don't have any trouble with Wolfgang's aircraft showing up as they should. But I do know that every once in a while one or more of the aircraft show up blank white. I haven't run FSX in multiplayer for a while. I am now on WindowsVista32 with my FSX/Acceleration/SP2.

If I can find enough time, I'm going to try and throw a short video together.

Scott (sf4JC)

Meanwhile I got a hint on this. Apparently this happens with most older aircraft in SP2, when the flag "Aircraft casts ground shadow" is set. It was on at me.

It has something to do with the .mdl-file, perhaps, when it comes from the 2004-, or Pre-SP2-SDK.

regards,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

after flying somewhat more with WP's Duo X, has somebody else the feeling, that this ship has almost NO sink at best glide?

Cheers,

Peter

cool! sounds a great machine!

I'll check it out.

Ian

• 1 year later...