SOAR multiplayer session announcements

DirkBoehm

Hi folks,

I think it would be great to have a thread to announce or plan SOAR multiplayer sessions.

Well, here it is.

As I still can't host a session, or - to get more precise - I can host, but no other player can join :embaressed: I'd like to know wether one of you is planning a session over the weekend.

:cheers2:

Dirk.

I would love to start one this morning, but my time is being cut short. And by the time I get a chance maybe tonight, it will be the middle of the night for you I think.

sf4JC

I would love to start one this morning, but my time is being cut short. And by the time I get a chance maybe tonight, it will be the middle of the night for you I think.

sf4JC

Hi,

thanks for that info... I'll try to stay up (after a ten-hour-workday, followed by 350km car drive, followed by 6 hours spare time, followed by a 350km car drive home, which i arrived at 5 this morning)

:cheers2:

Dirk.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Dirk for soaring yesterday, what little time we actually got to. I believe I may have seen you online last weekend too, but due to time constraints, was unavailable to join.

Do you do much multiplayer thermal soaring? I'd kinda like to give that a try sometime. Also, my communication with you was a little messed up. First, I found that my volume had been decreased, so I had to raise it somewhat. Second, I'm not a real pilot so my aviation lingo isn't what it should be. Were you able to hear me clearly? I'm going to check my mic properties to see if that's set up right as well.

sf4JC

Thanks Dirk for soaring yesterday, what little time we actually got to. I believe I may have seen you online last weekend too, but due to time constraints, was unavailable to join.

Do you do much multiplayer thermal soaring? I'd kinda like to give that a try sometime. Also, my communication with you was a little messed up. First, I found that my volume had been decreased, so I had to raise it somewhat. Second, I'm not a real pilot so my aviation lingo isn't what it should be. Were you able to hear me clearly? I'm going to check my mic properties to see if that's set up right as well.

sf4JC

My Pleasure, Scott. You chose a beautiful region and - although beeing quite dusty at ground level - the real weather was great. The wind coming with about 16kn was a challenge, as it changed its direction from time to time.

True, I do a lot multiplayer flying (gliders as well as props). Concerning the communication, your transmissions were heavily broken up. The time I logged out, I realised that you had set your communication-bandwidth (or however that option is called) to 1200 ... perhaps you could try to raise it up to 3600. That seems to be a good working value.

BTW: I'm just a real life wannabe pilot myself. Flying for me is limited to flight simulator, rc-planes and from time to time (about once every two years) my friend and I charter a cessna pilot for half an hour :winks: So never mind your aviation lingo... don't think mine is better.

:cheers2: Dirk.

BTW: I'm just a real life wannabe pilot myself. Flying for me is limited to flight simulator, rc-planes and from time to time (about once every two years) my friend and I charter a cessna pilot for half an hour :winks: So never mind your aviation lingo... don't think mine is better.

If you want to learn the talk thoroughly, you may register with VATSIM or IVAO, spent a dozen of hours of reading the tutorials and login to the network as VFR flight, approaching, say, Hamburg, or Frankfurt, or O'Hare. They're pretty close. :winks:

regards,

Peter

If you want to learn the talk thoroughly, you may register with VATSIM or IVAO, spent a dozen of hours of reading the tutorials and login to the network as VFR flight, approaching, say, Hamburg, or Frankfurt, or O'Hare. They're pretty close. :winks:

regards,

Peter

True Peter, I've gone through the training tutorials, too.

But, to be honest:

1) I wasn't very happy to go through that flight school program they push you in as "rookie pilot"

2) Imho, the guys were a touch too serious.

I (personally) don't mind if mixed up the order of the informations while praying that well known initial call prayer ("D-ELJH, Cessna 172, GA parking ramp 5, VFR to Karlsruhe-Baden via Sierra, information Whiskey recieved, request taxi")... on the opposite I don't mind the ATC renaming me to D-HJ)... but I do mind having less fun because of some serious wannabe-pilots pissin' me off all the time, just because they're sent to holding with their 747 while little D-JH tumbling in on final with "only" 75kn.

Now I have found some guys with serious intentions, enough knowledge (as some of them are real ATC or pilot as well) AND we're all allowed to laugh if one calls

declares that he decided to depart via Mike rather than Echo - just because he mixed up left and right :whistling:

If you're searching for that kind of sessions... just let me know ;o)

Hi Dirk,

I (personally) don't mind if mixed up the order of the informations while praying that well known initial call prayer ("D-ELJH, Cessna 172, GA parking ramp 5, VFR to Karlsruhe-Baden via Sierra, information Whiskey recieved, request taxi")...

Yesterday I mixed up runway directions during an RL flight (but only in my radio call :whistle3:). The friendly ATC told me and, well, here I am.

Actually I did not make your negative experience with VATSIM. Was this at the German organisation? Maybe that was becuse I didn't go into the "Flight School" at all, just read the tutorials (in particular the don'ts) and, being rather convinced that a RL license should do, jumped in. I can imagine, that especially in "Flight School", there are relatively highly motivated "Instructors".

Of course, I never tried doing IFR, just VFR, at times that weren't so busy.

Could be pretty interesting to mix in with a soaring competition, urging the ATC's to direct all the traffic around us, but would mean also to conform with airspaces. Probably we would attract a lot of snoops.

best regards,

Peter

• 5 months later...

Hi folks,

i've opened a FSX-ingame-multiplayer session. As usual: Switch to "Adventures-Lobby" and watch out for a session called "SOAR-(....)", don't forget to bring CumulusX! and sim_probe with you ;)

Hope to see some of you guys in there.

Dirk.

Dirk,

No thanks for the host, thank YOU for the splendid flightplan

I found this about the "hosting"-issue:

http://www.com-central.net/index.php?name=...opic&t=5893

http://kbalertz.com/925896/Information-abo...ultiplayer.aspx

Hope it helps

Bert

Hi Bert,

I've added these Ports now. We'll see if that works next flight. I'll let you know, when I'll be about to open a session.

Thx,

Dirk.