CAISET INSTRUMENTS IN FSX

HI

I am running FSX SP2 and am trying to get Wolfgangs FSX gliders to work using Rodger Clarke write up.I get as far as being asked if both dll's should be trusted and answer affermative.

I then get a message FSUIP not linked,on clicking OK you get CTD.Has any any ideas how to make it work.

PS. THE MR-FS9-CAISET.GAU IS POST 24/12/2003

Thanks in advance Frank Goode

Welcome back to the SOAR message board! Not sure if you frequent the board much. Anyway, if you haven't downloaded the latest FSUIPC4 v4.20 from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html , do so and install as per instructions. To my knowledge, you will not have to register/purchase it unless you want it's full features. I myself have the downloadable one without registering it. I don't have the need for the full version at the present time, and you do not need it to have the instruments work.

Something tells me I had troubles with the instructions on where to install all the gauges and other stuff at the beginning and it took me awhile to straighten it all out afterward. Just let us know.

sf4JC

Something tells me I had troubles with the instructions on where to install all the gauges and other stuff at the beginning and it took me awhile to straighten it all out afterward. Just let us know.

sf4JC

If you do get yours working, or if anyone else is reading this that has installed the CAISET instruments, can you tell me please where exactly the following items go...

FSSound.dll, SOARRec.dll, SOARRec.txt, gps-nav.dat

(1) I have all those in the main folder, along with FSZweverView 2.exe

(2) I also have the FSSound.dll, SOARRec.dll, and SOARRec.txt in my Gauges folder along with all the mr.gau gauges (there are 36 of these).

(3) And to top it all off, I have the FSSound.dll, SOARRec.dll, and SOARRec.txt also in my Modules folder

For one of the reasons that I was complexed with, the instructions made me believe the gps-nav.dat should go into the Gauges folder, unless it was talking about the mr.gau's themselves - "...and this will then load the gps-nav which should be situated in the gauges folder."

sf4JC

Wolfgang has published a "new" Cambridge-set and yawstring with the updated LS8 for FSX SP2, together with FSsound.dll and soarrec.dll.

On his site he claims its working on his computer and asks the community for feedback, so he knows it works on all computers (or not).

On my computer the yawstring and the vario-part of the Cambridge set work fine. But when I activate the GPS-part of the Cambridge set I get a C++-error. I mailed Wolfgang about it.

Bert

*****EDIT****** Wolfgang wrote me to say that it's not a "new" Cambridge set he included in the LS8, but it is still the original one, made by Max Roodveldt*******END EDIT***********

Bert, I haven't changed anything from the beginning, and all updates have gone without a hitch. It's nice to know there may be an updated CAISET though, if that's what he has.

sf4JC

Problem solved,

VISTA-users pay attention: to have the caiset run errorfree, FSX.exe has to be opened with administrator-rights.

Bert

TO BERT & sf4JC

Thanks for your help Inow hve wolfgang's new Cambridge set working ,all is ok

Thanks FRANK GOODE

Wolfgang wrote me to say that it's not a "new" Cambridge set he included in the LS8, but it is still the original one (last version for FS98), made by Max Roodveldt. So all the credits for the caiset go to Max. But on the other hand, Wolfgang deserves a hip hip hurray for picking up an old habit of his by implanting the caiset in his excellent gliders.

Bert