Nice to see the changes.

sf4JC

I've moved the pages around to eliminate the old 'splash' homepage that had just the logo and the french/english links. These links are on the normal 'menu' homepage anyway. Plus the links no longer open new windows.

Any issues/comments let me know.

Ian

Ian,

The way you changed the site is so logical, that I even didn't notice the changes until you pointed to it in your post above. In other words, I am very pleased with the improvement, thanks.

Bert

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it is time to update the main homepage, now that the latest (pre-)releases of cumulusx! and simprobe are out and the main problems are solved.

Bert

Maybe it is time to update the main homepage, now that the latest (pre-)releases of cumulusx! and simprobe are out and the main problems are solved.

Bert

Nearly... I'd say we want to get a proper 'prod' build of the CumulusX!/sim_probe install first. Shouldn't be long - unless anyone finds problems with sim_probe, version 1.50 is going to be the code that becomes 'prod' version 2.0.

A thought - when we do update the home page, it would be really cool to have a link to a youtube video with 3 or 4 of us ridge-soaring together.

Ian

Does the SOAR site have enough bandwidth, or whatever, to hold a small video? I myself would like the keep all my donations going for the religious stuff in my life. I really cannot afford to place money elsewhere at the moment, even though any money towards the SOAR site would be well worth it.

As far as a video, I will give you all some information about what I use and how I use it in case someone else would like to do it. I know I would be able to do it if we can all get together at the right time. By the way, the video stuff that I use is all freeware in case anyone is wondering.

sf4JC

Does the SOAR site have enough bandwidth, or whatever, to hold a small video?

the video stuff that I use is all freeware in case anyone is wondering.

I thought we'd leave the video on youtube and just have the link. I'm not a big fan of having pages download the video whether you want it or not anyway.

What freeware video capture do you use - there's no fraps logo on your movies.

Ian

What freeware video capture do you use - there's no fraps logo on your movies.

The program is called Debut. You can find it here http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/ . With that, I use the codec called Huffyuv v2.1.1 to get the best picture to FPS I can with FSX. On my computer when capturing video, I have FSX running in a smaller window of about 640x480 to get good enough FPS. The video only needs to be 320x240, and that is basically too small to make out anything of importance while capturing. Anyway, after it is in .avi format, I convert it to a smaller file size with Windows Movie Maker 2.

I've tried a lot of freeware video capture programs, and this one is one I am the most satisfied with. I still may not be using the right codec for the job in FSX (it may not work well for other software titles), but I don't want to ruin a good thing.

sf4JC