CumulusX! goes public

Peter Lürkens

Peter,

0.81 runs okay with Vista 32-bit.

Three minor issues though:

- When I installed 0.81 and went to the help section I got an error, the system didn't allow me to open the help section. Only after closing the system, restarting the computer and re-open cumulusX!, the help section worked fine. It keeps working fine now.

- the .cmx files you included have the folowing second line: C:\Programme\CCS 2004\Slope Data ; Path to slope data base. I had to change the path to the path where I have my slope files. Maybe that's something to mention in the help module.

- when I exit FSX with cumulusX! still running, CumulusX! produces an error.

But anyway, thanks for this unexpected Christmas present

Grüsse und fröhliche Weihnachten,

Bert

- When I installed 0.81 and went to the help section I got an error, the system didn't allow me to open the help section. Only after closing the system, restarting the computer and re-open cumulusX!, the help section worked fine. It keeps working fine now.

Weird. It just calls the local html-document. Perhaps some Virus-Scanner issue? Unfortunately, MS Office keeps putting ActiveSrcipt in the dcouments.

- when I exit FSX with cumulusX! still running, CumulusX! produces an error.

Tha used to happen at your's already before. I'll need to track this down later on.

But anyway, thanks for this unexpected Christmas present

That it was meant for. I hope you enjoy it.

merry Christmas,

Peter

Weird. It just calls the local html-document. Perhaps some Virus-Scanner issue? Unfortunately, MS Office keeps putting ActiveSrcipt in the dcouments.

Yes, it was a two way error: one of the virus-scanner and one of VISTA at the same time. The Vista error left me the option to stop looking for the help section and to keep cumulusX! running.

Tha used to happen at your's already before. I'll need to track this down later on.

If I remember correctly, it wasn't there in 0.8.

Bert

0.4 works oke under VISTA and FSX in full screen mode.

And I got an error when I closed FSX before closing cumulusX. (errormessage was something like: "CumulusX doesn't work correctly anymore and has to be closed down")

Actually, the info in crashing was already a while ago. I suspect a call to SimConnect after the connection was closed.

Regarding the help-file: I relied on the relative path starting from the program file directory. In fact, the call to the help file opens ist based on the "Current directory" which may have changed when you opened a settings or a script-file outside the CumulusX!-program-directory. Will be fixed in the next minor release.

regards,

Peter

Just downloaded it, though I'm still away from home for a while. Cannot wait to keep trying it out. I'm going to familiarize myself with the documentation so when I do get home, I'll already have a plan of what I first want to do.

Thanks Peter!

sf4JC

I tried it in my win XP system. I don't have sp2 installed (yet) since I understand it can screw up some fs9 aircraft that are ported to fsx, and also some scenery objects that incorporate transparency no longer work. Anyway, even without starting fsx I tried to run ver 0.81, but it would immediately halt with the "do you want to send error report to ms?" box. Ver 0.7 worked on my system.

scott s.

I tried it in my win XP system. I don't have sp2 installed (yet) since I understand it can screw up some fs9 aircraft that are ported to fsx, and also some scenery objects that incorporate transparency no longer work. Anyway, even without starting fsx I tried to run ver 0.81, but it would immediately halt with the "do you want to send error report to ms?" box. Ver 0.7 worked on my system.

scott s.

I don't recall at the moment, and since I'm away from the laptop I downloaded to to look at the documentation, can you look in the readme or documentation to see if it was produced under SP2 and hadn't been tested with SP1? Not sure if that may be the problem.

sf4JC

EDIT: Forgot to mention Peter that I had been wondering how you were going to incorperate an icon for CumulusX!. Great design!