FS2004/FSX Akaflieg SB-13

wormburner

At flightsim.com:-

Name: sb13.zip Size: 7,810,377 Date: 11-26-2007 Downloads: 29

FS2004/FSX Akaflieg SB-13. The SB13 was a concept flying wing standard class competition sailplane constructed and tested by the Akademische Fliegergruppe Braunschweig (Akaflieg) during the years 1982-1988. This model made with Gmax features full animations, VC and customised gauges. By David Rowberry.

Dave has done some spiffy hangliders as well for FS9/X - well worth downloading - haven't flown the sb13 yet but sure it'll be great. Don't know if he visits here -but great to have another sailplane designer out there.

Flies great -probably easier than the real thing which was quite a handfull to fly I believe.

At flightsim.com:-

Name: sb13.zip Size: 7,810,377 Date: 11-26-2007 Downloads: 29

FS2004/FSX Akaflieg SB-13. By David Rowberry. Flies great -probably easier than the real thing which was quite a handfull to fly I believe.

Oh Yeah, Now that one I'll keep for joyriding. Behind the towplane you have to have the brakes on and the wheels out, otherwise it climbs like a rocket. And very effective on the rudders too. But I like him.

Oh Yeah, Now that one I'll keep for joyriding. Behind the towplane you have to have the brakes on and the wheels out, otherwise it climbs like a rocket. And very effective on the rudders too. But I like him.

Have you disengaged the VET? - it is the old style VET where you have to press Ctrl shift 2 to disengage - and the VET is on when you load in up and you engage by Ctrl e . I have already put in VET gauges using FS Panel Studio. Find that the ship doesn't seem to have the performance in FS9 it should have -it should be on par with the Discus - but seems to loose out at speed -wonder inf the airfile needs moding, or it's just me? I haven't got FSX so can't comment on FSX version.

Link to real version:-

http://www.akaflieg-braunschweig.de/prototypen/sb13/

and FS98 version you'll find here:-

http://yokohama.cool.ne.jp/naoo/kitai.html

The FSX-version doesn't have the VET. That's where the towplane comes in.

Does VET not work in FSX then?- acording to Wolfgang Piper it does -it's the gauges that do not work in FSX. I assumed as the old style VET was in the FS9 airfile it would be in the FSX airfile as well. Don't have FSX so don't know.

from Wolfgangs site:-

Winch Start without VET switch (FS2002 and FSX):

First you fit out your glider with the 'VET Engine', you'll find the aircraft dynamic files for that in the folder 'VET' of my FS2002 or FS2004 ZIP files (see the picture). You do not need the panel.cfg with the VET gauges because they don't work in FS2002 and FSX.

After the aircraft was loaded, you start the VET Engine with the shortcut CTRL+ E and then put the throttle on 'full throttle' or presses the function key F4.(throttle must be in full position during all time).

For about 20 seconds nothing at all happens, but after this time the glider should get into movement. After reaching his take off speed, the glider starts to climb.

When reaching the desired height the shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+F1 turns off the VET Engine (disconnect the cable) and after this you can continue a free flight.

Does VET not work in FSX then?- acording to Wolfgang Piper it does -it's the gauges that do not work in FSX.

Vet does work in FSX, but as far as I tried, not in the SB13. But maybe the VET-enginge in the SB13 needs fuel, I didn't check that.