Help Setting Up Weather?

Has anyone ever found a site that has a tutorial on setting up weather? I haven't looked yet, but I'd like to set some weather up for great screenshots. When I tried TDS10 the other week, I had awsome weather for screenshots but didn't think about taking any.

In particular, I'd like to get some fog buildup in the valleys like I've seen with the real-world weather.

sf4JC

In particular, I'd like to get some fog buildup in the valleys like I've seen with the real-world weather.

sf4JC

Open the weather options, go to user-defined weather, and click advanced weather. Now in the options clouds, winds, temp/pressure and visibility you can set different height-layers in which you can set the specific conditions you wish. With the visibility-option you can create fog at the heights. Setting windlayers with different windconditions can also give spectacular effects when fliying from one layer into the other.

Bert

Open the weather options, go to user-defined weather, and click advanced weather. Now in the options clouds, winds, temp/pressure and visibility you can set different height-layers in which you can set the specific conditions you wish. With the visibility-option you can create fog at the heights. Setting windlayers with different windconditions can also give spectacular effects when fliying from one layer into the other.

Bert

This can have nice effects when creating slope lift on a large mountain where the lower flanks faces one direction and the upper slopes(summits) may face another direction. The Grand Teton in Wyoming comes to mind. Approaching the peak from the west (flying out of Dreggs, Idaho), a west wind (270 degrees) works well all the way from Dreggs to about 11,000 ft. on the Grand. From there on up to the summit a wind from a little more northerly direction (NW I believe) works better. I know, a little bit of heavenly intervention here! This is where FS9/CCS2004 and FSX/CumulusX have a world of there own!! :whistling:

Also the Stemme S-10 opens a whole new world of realism for soaring difficult remote mountain regions of the world in FS9. I hope someone converts it to FSX. I don't think it would be too difficult to do and it would be a huge addition to the FSX glider hanger.

Don

Bert

Not sure if that would help me any, but I could mess with it a while, but the fog in the valleys that I saw in real-world weather had it building in the valleys but not over the water/lake. Maybe it's even a cloud buildup, since that is what the textures look like anyway.

sf4JC