FSX Acceleration - I was able to finally find it!

sf4JC

After spending the few days before release talking to various stores (Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc.), I was finally able to get my hands on one from Target yesterday. Best Buy said they had 12 in the store, but could not find them for me and it's already on backorder for them. I finally tried Target at noontime yesterday, and they said they had 4 copies available on the shelf, so I reserved one over the phone and picked it up 15 minutes later. If you think I sound excited, I WAS VERY EXCITED, when I finally found out one of the stores were actually carrying the pack, I could hardly contain myself. Ha Ha!

Last night I got to spend a few minutes exploring the pack and came up with an error inside the virtual cockpit of some of Wolfgang Piper's aircraft. The canopy is invisible or not present from the instrument panel forward to the front of the aircraft. So you have a kind of ugly opening in the canopy where the panel is.

I noticed also, after searching long and hard, that the Minden Multiplayer course is not in the list of missions. I was able to find it in the Acceleration SDK as an example though. I'm going to try to see what may have changed inside the cockpit of Wolfgang's aircraft, because the SDK say's there was a change in the Panels and Gauges SDK, so that may be the problem since it starts at or somewhere near the panel. The outside view shows the whole canopy, and since I use the VC I'm not sure how it looks inside the 2D cockpit.

Also, I found this bit of info inside the Learning Center, it was in the Hosting a Multiplayer Session Document...

Mission rules

As host, you can set certain rules for the current Mission.

- - Option - - - - - - - - - What It Does

*Enable anti-cheat - - - Limits allowable aircraft to those installed on both host and player computers, and verifies Mission file compatibility.

*Enforce host realism - - Settings in the host's Realism dialog box are enforced for all players.

*Allow racing aids - - - - Allows players to display/hide the Race Map and Pointer during a race.

*Number of laps - - - - - Sets the total number of laps players must fly to win a race in this Mission.

*Max players - - - - - - Sets the maximum number of players allowed to participate in this Mission.

*Time until race start - - Sets a time limit to wait until the session starts.

That's some good news for me I think, because I was wondering if Microsoft was going to allow more than one type of aircraft in a race session.

More Later!

sf4JC

Regarding the cockpit thing, Phil Taylor mentioned in his blog that they have changed something that makes a sort of certain alpha-decal technique incompatible. Possible this means that many older aricraft have to be recompiled at least with modified texture settings. In one case (Boeing Stratoliner 307) he reported that the Aces team was not successful in making the model compatible with SP2.

So, serious news.

I will wait on for SP2.

best regards,

Peter