choosing flight simulator

michael_merged

I am a paraglider/hanglider pilot living in Alaska and its now cold with snow on the ground needless to say my flying has come to an end. I am looking to get a flight simulator and add on paraglider/hanglider thru down loads. What do you recommend as the best one. Soaring society website sounds like it was not to happy with the microsoft X simulator, was thinking about getting it. Is the 2004 version better or is there other choices. Any help appreciated. Thanks Mike

Eric Carden made one for FS2004 that you can find in the forums here http://virtualsoaring.org/iboard/index.php...pic=1178&hl= . You have to go to to the bottom of the thread in his last reply to get the updated one. I think I read somewhere that he is a real life paraglider person himself, so his paraglider is probably as close to reality as possible with the sim. It could even work in FSX, but I'll see if I can try it later in FSX and let you know.

As far as the negative press/comments/reviews, I'm pretty pleased with FSX. I don't have slope soaring "on the fly" that I get with FS2004 & CCS2004 together, but that doesn't bother me to much, though it may still be possible later, which would give FSX the upper hand in my opinion. I'm unsure of other simulators that offer paragliders.

sf4JC

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about that michael, I forgot to check out that paraglider for you, I had it downloaded but just not entered into FSX. But I did find a hang glider while looking for some for FS2004 over at Simviation in the Glider/Ultralight section http://www.simviation.com/fsgliders_22.htm , it's about half way down the page. Anyway, I may try both of them out if I get a chance tomarrow for you if you're still thinking about FSX.

Sorry again, I just got totally excited about the prospects of having slope soaring in FSX. And now that it can be done, it's only a matter of time before all the kinks are worked out of it. But no one knows exactly how long that will be, since one of us are already having some kind of trouble with it. They just can't find the source of the problem, but in due time though.

sf4JC

Here's video of both the Lightspeed and the other,

. The first one uses old instruments that cause FSX to tell you they are from FS98 or something like that, but you only have to answer a few times per load. It seems as though they both worked in FSX okay, but I'm unsure of how they act in FS2004 where they came from. I like the wind sound in the second aircraft, and it seems to have more sensitivities and makes the Virtual cockpit move around possibly like real. I'm just not sure if the second was made accurately in simulating the real thing.

Hope you like the video, I kinda messed up when switching aircraft to the second and naming that aircraft though. Oh well, I'm still basically new to video making.

sf4JC