Scenery Design Question

Does anyone know if there is a program out there that will let you "fly" to an object from within FSX to edit it and to find it's attributes? I'm having a hard time finding out what I need to do to convert the SOAR Ranch to FSX. The canopy and one of the buildings are not showing there textures, and I'm not sure how to go about doing this.

I've downloaded various programs to get into BGL files, but I don't have knowledge of how to use them with any success, if I can, in this case. I've looked in the texture folder and it shows a file with the extention PAT, which I believe to be the file that may produce the buildings textures that are not showing up, but have no idea how to edit it to show in FSX.

I'm still fairly new to editing, so I'm sure I may have just overlooked a program or item, but if someone can guide me or point me in the right direction, I would be greatful. I've been doing a lot of searches lately for guidence, but have come up short. I haven't tried leaving a question on the various scenery boards because it seems like I'm missing something obvious, but I'm coming up with nothing so far on them by searching. I may be just not entering the right words for the search.

Anyway, HEEEEEEELP! I feel I'm close, but can't see the solution.

sf4JC

Welp, after trying to turn the PAT file into a DDS file (there are about 10 DDS file formats to choose from), I found out I was trying to change the wrong file. I was foolish not to check first what the textures for the canopy and building looked like in FS2004.

So now I'm back to finding out how to see what textures are designated for those objects. Is that found in the BGL? And what program opens up these particular BGL's? I keep getting an error saying "BGL ID 1 not correct".

Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

sf4JC

• 1 month later...