Thanks for keeping the old posts active!

sf4JC

I'm not sure who I thank for keeping the old posts active, so THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I've had time here and there to read some old posts and decided to read about the '04 Max Cup. Wow! That must have been fun. Also, the repaint contest for that event was good too. Don, do you know why there was never a race in the following years? Was there not enough people, staff, and support to put another one together for FS2004? Maybe I'm not done reading yet and the answers are still there. Or maybe I need to read the Condor forum, but since I don't have it and don't plan to get it, I'm going to leave that forum unread for now.

Welp, I've got a lot more reading to do.

sf4JC

Actually I can't remember that far back. I do remember we had connecting problems on the internet. Other than that I think those people involved at the time really were not into multi flying that much. Also we have always been short on staff. Very few of the general membership ever contributed anything over the years. A handful of us did all the work. Less than a dozen I think.

Don

I remember the Max Cup. Organised by Norby and was very succesful. We had problems getting everyone around the world online at the same time. I was my usual slow speed and crashed near 2nd turning point. Don I if I remember crashed near St Crepin (there is a vitual memorial ther now).

We also flew some of the New Zealand races online. I did a lot of online FS9 flying with the French on FFVVV and APS.

I particularly enjoy the molti flying and currently getting masses of it from Condor.

I have got FSX but not the hardware to run it properly. It would be nice to think that there is still a future for MS FS in soaring.