FSX sp1 is out!

sf4JC

You can download it at Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider (http://www.fsinsider.com) in the Downloads section. It's been out since the 15th but I've been to busy trying to get TeamSpeak server and FSHost to work on a laptop while I'm on the main computer running just FSX and Teamspeak client. I have not been able to make out "heads or tails" from the Teamspeak forum to fix the problem. But I did get closer to it yesterday, the tester said it could hook up to the server via TCP and HTTP, but just not UDP which I think is the main one it needs to use.

Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know sp1 is available for download. Can't wait to hear from freeware developers on how things may be going with new &/or improved products.

sf4JC

Welp, not only did I get Teamspeak server to work on the laptop after weeks and weeks of agony, but I got a chance to install the SP1 update this morning and run FSX on the main computer for a while. And it's just like I read in one of the blogs. It's more than just a small improvement like some had said it would be as far as the performance goes. I was able to move some sliders up 1 or 2 notches with better fps than before. I still need to mess around with the ground not being so blurry though. But all in all, they did a good job with my performance on a 2 year old computer that wasn't the best at the time. The only modification I made about a year and a half ago or so to the computer was add a 512MB video card which I'm sure helps a lot.

I hope it goes well with everbody else as well!

sf4JC

I got a great improvement from SP1 on my old machine - much smoother and better fps and also able to bump sliders up a few notches. Very happy.