Multiplayer Air Racing - FSX

sf4JC

Nothing has really been said about this upcoming option in the fall release, and I was just wondering if anyone knows if it's features will help contest directors with sorting through contest results. And do you think this will also bring people back to FSX? I guess only time will tell, I just can't wait till the fall. Hopefully SP1 will provide freeware developers with good and unchanging software development info as well.

sf4JC

Nothing has really been said about this upcoming option in the fall release,

You're right, no really useful information so far. Though, I believe even if there is a substantial improvement on this multi-racing stuff relevant for soaring, most people in this community apparently have moved over to condor. And then, the racing pack will require additional spendings.

I myself have done only very little V-soaring since FSX is there. That is partly because of the discrepance betweeen the progress of FSX visuals on the one side, and on the setback in soaring realism compared to FS9 with CCS and the like.

I still hope, that we can get back the CCS-level, once SP1 is there.

Cheers,

Peter

Whoops?! I forgot that it was going to cost the community to get the update. But I for one am going to get it anyway nomatter the cost, unless it's over $50, than I will have to consult with my accountant, aaaaaa I mean my wife before upgrading.

I have been trying to use CCS in FSX for a short period, and since I didn't use it much in FS2004 for slope soaring I'm not sure totally what I'm doing, if even I'm doing it right. It seems like it's working okay, but I'm using real world weather updated all the time for my weather conditions. So it could just be bad flying conditions for that given day and area.

sf4JC

What relates to the Service Pack, I suppose it will be free. The Upgrade will probably cost something. I'm nosy if it will be available at all here in Germany or for localised versions.

I was surprised about your remark about CCS working with FSX, and I test it once more. I'm afraid, it does not really work, though I could detect it's attempts of setting the lift, which apparently were overridden immediately by FSX'own weather machine.

I'm really nosy what happens after the service pack.

Cheers,

Peter