Stupid Tow Plane Pilot

Peter Lürkens

Haha "Stupid Tow Plane Pilot"... another quote from FSX surprisingly close to reality. OK a tow pilot has never flown me into a mountain, but they do have a knack for flying straight towards the area furthest from the airfield and least likely to have lift.

At Zell am See I think you're ok if you tow to the West - the tows are only in a straight line and it's been reported the dumbness of the pilots.

I know we can be forever waiting on the next release... but now I've spent decades in the mission development system (well it seems like that) the capabilities of that system are such that it's only a matter of time that aerotows and AI traffic are combined in some way, i.e. we get an AI tow pilot, including the ability to simulate launch failures.

But how do you point the towplane or is this just a chance sort of thing? :sideways:

Don

well, the Zell am See runway is roughly east-west, so you have to choose the right end of the runway (27 or something close to that). Otherwise you're pointing straight at the mountain to the East of the airfield. I'm guessing in the real LOWZ they take off to the west and land to the east...

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to remake the tow planes fligh so he dose not just fly in a straight line?and can the tow plane be changed to a differant plane?

nope

and nope

nope

and nope

Hi Foster - your FSX soaring website seems to be down (I can't use the messaging or email functions of the board it seems, or i would have PM'd you).

regards

smith

• 1 month later...