Time to Wake Up

Don Hamilton

Hello Pilots,

A new virtual soaring season is upon us.

This season we will finish that wonderful Southern Alps Race created by Andrew Torrance, Fly the Max Roodveldt Cup Race, Schedule some informal online races in Condor, explore soaring in X-Plane and once again attempt to get soaring to work in the upcoming new release of FSX (we go through this trauma every two or three years). SOAR needs some new soaring experiences and some new blood to stimulate activity so we are going after it. :lol:

The Southern Alps Race is offocially reopened and the closing date is Sun. Oct. 8, 2400 hr. GMT

The Max Roodveldt Cup is scheduled to run from Nov. 2006 thru Feb 2007. There will be three races to the event and each race will last one month with no extensions (we ran the Southern Alps Race over too long a period). I am scheduling this event as late as possible in the season to give Peter Franke every opportunity to release the ASW-22. This sailplane would give virtual soaring in MSFS and SOAR a much needed boost. Promotional and race Information will be uploaded to the SOAR site sometime in early October.

Stay tuned for more information on upcoming events.

Cheers, :AA: :smiles: :cheers2:

Don

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Don

Looks like weve been abandonded :cry:

Perhaps other competitors have been experiencing RL involvements similar to the demanding requirements that I have experienced for the past five or six weeks. Happens now and then and has disallowed me any serious flying(virtual) time. :vv:

Or perhaps people have been quietly beavering away and getting some really sharp times bedded in :whistling: :yahoo:

cheers :smiles:

andrew

Hi Guys,

I'm really sorry I can't fly FS at the moment.

You may remember that my PC black screens every time I use FS (between 30secs and 1,5hrs).

I have never been able to solve this, so I need to build a new PC when time and funds permit.

However I am following the forum and may talk to you on teamspeak.

Regards

Tony

:ok: