Board Hacked

Tom Eagles

:excl:

All Staff members will need to Re Register and then i can reset them to staff

Chris please email me directly at tom.eagles@gmail.com i will let you know the password that was set for you by our technically minded friend.

I managed to get him to resest your account and logged in as you so i could get some admin stuff reset.

Tom,

Okay, I have registered. BTW Who the hell did this? Do you have any way to track it?

Don

Don Please arrange a time with me to talk on msn i am gmt +1 chris also, DO NOT USE PM via the board use my email address .

also get karen to re register and any other staff members.

*I SUGGEST STRONGLY UNTILL FURTHER NOTICE NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE USE THE PM FEATURE UNTILL THEY HEAR FROM ME OR CHRIS TO DISCUSS ANY CONFIDENTIAL MATTERS, AS OF THIS TIME THE BOARD IS STILL WIDE OPEN TO ANOTHER ATTACK*

:excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl:

AS OF THIS MOMENT THE FOLLOWING SECURITY MEASURES HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED TO CLOSE A SERIOUS HOLE IN THE BOARDSWHICH WILL ALOW FURTHER ATTACKS UNTILL AN UPGRADE CAN BE DONE.

1. THE PM SYSTEM IS NOW OFFLINE AND CANNOT BE USED BY ANYONE INCLUDING US STAFF :o)

2. NO ONE CAN EMAIL FROM THE BOARDS NOW

3. ALL NEW MEMBERS MUST BE VALIDATED BY A BOARD ADMINISTRATOR MEMBERSHIP TO THE BOARD IS NOW NOT AUTOMATIC.

4. GUESTS AND NON VALIDATED MEMBERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REPLY TO A THREAD.

I am sorry for any inconvenience but as last night proved someone could exploit this hole and literally make themselves an administrator and delete all admins and change password access personal information etc and even turn the boards off.

Untill i can get hold of chris gordon i have taken these steps to protect our forums and all the valuable information that is here.

Tom

Tom, Thank you so much for taking care of this!!! I haven't been on the board and Chris is working! You are a lifesaver!! We would have been sunk had you not just jumped right in and handled this!

:AA: :AA: :AA: :AA: :AA: :AA: :AA: :AA: :AA: :AA:

:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: