SCORE for SOAR!!!!

skyguy95

taken from an article on simflight.com on FSX -

There is also NO WAY yet that we can comment on some of the things.. like performance, DX10, and some other issues.

What CAN we tell you?

Here are some new features:

- tow planes for the gliders, and realistic thermals - wild animals running around the African plains and elsewhere

- TWO versions of FSX, and a trial option

- 'missions' to add a 'game' element

- Tower Control - guide other on-line players

- SDK included in the (pro) product

- Share a cockpit

- moving traffic on the roads

- (a lot more) animations on the airports

- AI shipping

- updated audio system (mix with speakers AND headset)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! and with thier new multi engine, we can share flights :], sure home some of these will work in FSX :]

whole article here = http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1147

found a little more from AVSIM :yahoo:

New Features

MS Flight sim has always included a sailplane. Have you ever noticed that there wasn’t a towplane to go along with the sailplane? There is now. The dynamics of towing an aircraft aloft isn’t accomplished with a towrope made of steel. The rope moves accordingly with taught and slack periods as the two planes work in tandem to get aloft.

Forgive me if I don't get to exited.

>>tow planes for the gliders, and realistic thermals ... :AA:

>>TWO versions of FSX, and a trial option ... Back to a Pro and Standard versions :vv:

>>'missions' to add a 'game' element ... :???: Zzzzzz

>>Tower Control - guide other on-line players ... :ok:

>>SDK included in the (pro) product ... :ok: Generaly of limited use

>>Share a cockpit ... :confused2: Already available

>>updated audio system (mix with speakers AND headset) ... :yahoo: About time to!

>>moving traffic on the roads ... :AA: But see below

>>(a lot more) animations on the airports ... :AA: But see below

>>AI shipping ... :AA: But see below

To get the most out of FS10 you will need a brand new puter AND operating system. Me thinks many will be staying with FS9 untill they win the lottery :cry:

Forgive me if I don't get to exited.

To get the most out of FS10 you will need a brand new puter AND operating system. Me thinks many will be staying with FS9 untill they win the lottery :cry:

Ya all very good points, but, it will just make our virtual world all the more realistic with aerotow (dont really need the thermals)

(And yes i did get a little to excited... and need to win the lottery :vv: lol)

>>However things are so quite around here don't think anybody is noticing -everyone must be out sunbathing - at least in Europe?

You bet.. 36c yesterday, the roads are melting and rail tracks buckling here in the UK :lol:

>>Another thing wonder how many FSX compatiable gliders there'll be?

I was wondering how backward compatable FS10 will be with FS9 a/c?

>>Hmmm, I wonder if in the mulit sessions, if a user can tow another user?

Since it's now possible to replicate air 2 air refueling in multiplayer (extending booms/drouges), then towing should be possible also?

Some gliders we are using now have been tested by a beta tester of FSX and it seems to work excepted some gauges which aren't compatible.

Wolfgang said me that his Blanik (last version) is fully compatible. Am I right Wolfgang ?

Some gliders we are using now have been tested by a beta tester of FSX and it seems to work excepted some gauges which aren't compatible.

Wolfgang said me that his Blanik (last version) is fully compatible. Am I right Wolfgang ?

Yes, Mic, as I heard , some older gauges (made for FS98?) don't work in FSX. In my Blanik these are the spoiler, flap and gear gauges.

When you say "older gauges", do you mean FS10 will only read .xml gauges? Or do you mean FS10 will still read the older .gau format but just not the realy old stuff?

When you say "older gauges", do you mean FS10 will only read .xml gauges? Or do you mean FS10 will still read the older .gau format but just not the realy old stuff?

Yes, a good question. I don't know this exactly. The information is from 2nd or 3rd hand. I only know that spoiler, flaps, gear and trim gauges, which are built-in in my gliders, don't work, also the old g-meter gauge (*.gau file), which was in my Blanik glider didn't work.

In the meantime I made a new one in *XML format for this glider.