Aeroow in FSX??

jamesstables

• 2 weeks later...

I'm already doing this my friend when all those around including the God Father of design Fr Bill .

Well if you want arrange a time where we can all meet either in an open server or VATSIM. someplace then we can do a tow, I'm still working out the kinks that some of the gauges cause with my trials and CCS etc.

Shoot me an Email or contact me on Teampreak at 58.167.59.14 or 210.49.27.79:8770 cheer's all

• 1 month later...

You are doing towing in Fs9? If so I would love to know more.

Short answer is Yes , but the gauge is being stroppy about behaving it'self with all Sailplanes I have :(

Make a date and we'll do a demo if you like meanwhile this may wet your apetite.

Aero Tow Demo

Both of the planes in the demo are being flown by People? That is way cool. We can meet any time what sever do you use.

Thanks

Andrew

OK I'll try to rustle up a Tug pilot to meet ay Narromine YNRM in New South Wales AUstralia on the Server located at vbnavonline.servegame.com and connect Teamspeak to the same server :)

Meet at 0630 GMT !! Yeah

Mozz,

Great video! can you tell us a bit more about how does that works?

We've been waiting for such addon for years now. Any way to make a beta available for testing?

Just a detail though... In Australia when towing, the glider has to remain below the propeller's thrust so well below the tow plane (as opposed to almost the rest of the world where the glider remains above, in line with the tow plane).

Great job also on Australian sceneries. I just had a look at the trailers and it's amazingly beautiful.

How about FPS with these sceneries?

Australia being the place of so many soaring world records, I believe we, virtual soaring people, owe it some attention.

Again great job from this team. :AA: :AA:

Yes Norby I'm hoping to release things as soon I get these last bugs out, I'm just fighting with a gauge that want to cause conflicts in some of the sailplains I have .

You are correct about the Hi Tow / Lo Tow debate.

funny thing is the Glider is for him at least line astern , but for anyone else flying with us. They appear in Lo Tow .

I am trialing another idea for this as well , so I'll try to keep all informed.

I'm gradually getting most of the little grass and Dirt strips in the Area of Narromine done for FS9.

there are some 130 or so , these will be simple tyre or cone marked runways as close to the actual locations as I can make them without using exclude layer's. This is so the aircraft can be Aerotow retrieved.

I'm also hoping to travel to Narromine early next Summer to photograph the Aerodrome so acurate scenery can be made for the Virtual International Soaring Centre.

The real one is Soar Narromine ..

Guest Don Hamilton

Mozz,

Great video! can you tell us a bit more about how does that works?

We've been waiting for such addon for years now. Any way to make a beta available for testing?

Just a detail though... In Australia when towing, the glider has to remain below the propeller's thrust so well below the tow plane (as opposed to almost the rest of the world where the glider remains above, in line with the tow plane).

Could someone please point me to the video?

Guest Don Hamilton

It is at the bottom of the 8th post above this!

Bill

Oh there it is. If it was a bear it would have bit me! :embaressed:

Thanks, :smiles:

Don

• 1 month later...
Guest Don Hamilton

Hey Don do you want to make a time that is mutually convienient to see and participate in a demo.

Hi Mozz,

I have to go to Fairbanks tomorrow morning and will be gone for three days. Then I have grandkids visiting ( nine of them) for the next two weeks. :sideways:

I will let you know when I regain my sanity :silly:

Cheers, :smiles:

Blimey I thought having 4 of my own home for school holidays was bad but 9 , in your case mate I think " Grey hair is hereditary................you get it from your grand kids. " no problem!

• 2 weeks later...

From Avsim's Editors report on FSX:-

MS Flight sim has always included a sailplane. Have you ever noticed that there wasn’t a towplane to go along with the sailplane? There is now. The dynamics of towing an aircraft aloft isn’t accomplished with a towrope made of steel. The rope moves accordingly with taught and slack periods as the two planes work in tandem to get aloft.

and from Simflight:-

tow planes for the gliders, and realistic thermals

Get that - Towplanes? Gliders? Realistic Thermals?

You might be interested in these as well -check out the cockpit detail:-

Here's a short video (5 Meg) taken at the E3 show, showing the VC from a glider (flying over the Grand Canyon area??)

http://www.simhq.com/_downloads/air/FSX/FSX.wmv

A longer video here (50 Meg):

http://download.bbgames.jp/4gamer/movie2/e..._FlightSimX.zip

which shows the outside view of the glider (flexing wings, nice looking terrain), as well as the Red Bull and microlite missions

We'll see I geuss -just wonder what type of computer I'll need to run it!

OMG this has got to be the best thing i have heard yet about FSX... JEEZE I CANT WAIT....

Think of all the posibilities if they bring this into MP... talking about multiplayer, would someone like to pop over to that side of the forum and answer my question please :???: lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say at a rough guess most of us WILL have to spend about $2000 on an upgrade to a PCI Express type mainboard to do any good.

The real question IS can this be done in multiplayer with real pilots in both aircraft , which is what I have working but the glider pilot is along for the ride so to speak. BUT it looks awesome from another plane flying beside it I'll try to create another Vid filmed from a helicopter useing the FSNET software which allows the Pilot to fly and the Cammera man to film and tell the pilot where he wants him all while filming just like a News crew.