A New Feature !!! Soar en Francais

Guest tom eagles

Guest tom eagles

For our French colleagues you now have the ability to select french settings on the board....

all menu's and features will be in the french language... unfortunately the posts wont be translated ;)

please feel free to try out this feature as my french is somewhat rusty,

anyway welcome aboard and i hope this helps you guys some :o)

best wishes

Tom

[attachmentid=267] :yahoo:

post-27-1139622975_thumb.jpg

Guest Karen Hamilton

Thanks Tom :AA: I understand the past messages will not be translated, but how about the future ones? If someone posts in French, can we read their reply in English? or is it like there are 2 separate boards?

Karen,

As I've understood Tom, only the "skin" is translated, I mean buttons, menu, etc. The messages content stay in English.

Doen't matter, if somebody post a message in french, Norby or myself will translate it in english.

Guest tom eagles

Karen,

As I've understood Tom, only the "skin" is translated, I mean buttons, menu, etc. The messages content stay in English.

Doen't matter, if somebody post a message in french, Norby or myself will translate it in english.

Yes thats correct only the actual board not it's contents will be in french...(i'm good but not that good...just kidding)

but it will make navigating and posting a much easier experience for our french colleagues i hope.

tom

Dear Tom, I appreciate your effort to make the board more easily accessible to french guys.

I'm posting this news on the APS/FFVVV forum. I hope we shall see more frenchies writing here !

Thanks Tom,

I tried to reply in french board mode, and this is what I got:

IPB WARNING [2] load_language(/home/virtsoar/public_html/iboard/cache/lang_cache/french/lang_editors.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (Line: 1671 of /sources/ipsclass.php)

Which has no meaning even in French! :lol:

Guest tom eagles

test

:???: pff :cry: :embaressed: ok i will look into that when i get home from my real job later today :( sorry guys, guess i should have tested it a bit more before revealing it

Thanks Tom,

I tried to reply in french board mode, and this is what I got:

IPB WARNING [2] load_language(/home/virtsoar/public_html/iboard/cache/lang_cache/french/lang_editors.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (Line: 1671 of /sources/ipsclass.php)

Which has no meaning even in French! :lol:

roughly translated from computer speak it means "It isnt working tom, please fix it" but i think i know what it is the last .php is not where it should be.......

Guest tom eagles

hmm ok fixed but not happy i had to "edit a file" alas i need to do some more work.

Norby Nic etc,

you can now post,reply,edit etc the only problem some of the functions remain in english.. i need to translate or find a true french file the only problem its in PHP language so i cant easily give it to someone to translate...

untill then u can now use fully all the features unless yo find another problem..

sorry i was so late getting back to this i was working today..

tom

Thanks Tom,

My English is poor, but I can be useful myself well of reverso or google for the translation....... :AA:

Then I make use of it.... :whistling:

Superb that our two community can cohabited.

One of these days I would come to make a flight organized by SOAR.

I wish that the translation not be too bad

has soon....... :winks:

Well, Pascal,

Translating machines still have room for improvement...

This simple sentence translated to French by a Babel fish would become:

En traduisant les machines encore ont de la chambre pour amelioration...

Which in English would mean:

By translating, machines still have a bedroom for improvement. :confused2:

Amusant... Amusing... Divertido... :winks:

on fait ce qu'on peut (we do as we can)

I noticed that "we do as we can" is also a "correction" to get the idea across in common English. The literal translation would of course be : One does that which one can. Either way, the meaning is of course clear.

The auto translators are always funny. They rarely translate plays on words, or "figures of speech"...hence, "one buttock what one tire". That's one of the funniest ones I've seen in a long time!

The amazing thing is that most of the time, it is good enough. I rarely see a translation that was so bad that I didn't understand what was meant.

Yes, they are always good for a laugh- but the fact that it works is cool! :smoke:

Never be emabarassed to use them :sideways: