SGS 1-26 for FS9

Chris Gordan

Friends,

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the SGS 1-26 has been completely rebuilt and updated for FS9 by member, Ray Girdler.

The package includes 2 'a' models and 2 'c' models, all with functional VC's and updated instruments.

You can find the 1-26's on SOAR Aircraft Page 4

Congratulations, Ray! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

WOW!!!

I LOVE IT smile.gif

Was all of the real schweizer characteristics, especially in stalls and spoiler operation. I had it up for an hour and half on the mindin ridge and im gonna have to fly this one in the race to smile.gif

Ill have repaints soon!

Its all ways more fun doing metal and fabric repaints than fiberglass cause' you can use all colors!

I have to admit that I'm very impressed with Ray's work on his 1-26 that he released. I have about 15 hours in 1-26s flying out of Windsor, Virginia and believe that almost every aspect of this glider is accurate. The maneuverability, stall characteristics, and performance are very close to the real thing. However it does seem to be more willing to spin in real life. I could not get it to spin in FS9. To my surprise, I did notice that its almost as much fun flying in FS9 than it is in real life! Also, I loved the WWII tribute paint job because there is actually a member of my soaring club that flew TG-4s in WWII and painted his 1-26 identical to the WWII tribute paint Ray has included.

Overall, awesome job Ray! Keep up the good work!! thumbsup.gif

Glad you guys like it! A strong note of credit belongs to Kris Feldman who worked on Chris' original 1-26 files (which Chris shared with me) to give it much of it's handling characteristics. I only had to modify the cfg files slightly to capture the new models.

It's my hope that Kris will be able to help on the slip/skid characteristics as well. In that effort I will also be researching the issue.

Chris and I will also be working on more detailed textures for the ships. But we'll also be looking foward to your repaints.

So keep the yaw string straight as there should be more to come.

Ray biggrin.gif