Sequatchie Valley Challenge

Guest Don Hamilton

Guest Don Hamilton

Hello Pilots,

I have posted the results of the race. There is a link on the main SOAR Index Page and on the Sequatchie Valley Challenge race page. I hope I have posted all the .logs submitted. My internet provider was down for 5 days last week and some logs may have fallen through the cracks. Please let me know if you submitted a file and it is not posted on the results page.

This was a great challenge and thanks Eric for all your hard work. I would also like to thank all the pilots who participated in the race.

It looks like Trace is the one to beat. LOL

Cheers, thumbsup.gif

Congratulations to the winners! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Some really good times were posted, but wow, Trace is on fire! cool.gif

I spent too much time building instead of flying and then forgot to submit the one complete log file I have. huh.gif

I'm really looking forward to the next one already!

Kris

I agree with Kris. Congratulations to all who completed the course. I made about 10 attempts and didn't even make it to the second turnpoint. What a bummer!!! The strongest lift I saw in those attempts was 3.5 kts, although the nite we flew the Sequatchie Valley in MP, I twice found lift of 4-4.5 kts.

Bill BEER3s.gif (rootbeer for Trace)

Thanks, guys. I enjoyed the flying, but I think I enjoyed your posts while struggling with the task even more. Thanks for all your work, Don.

I'm looking forward to the next CCS race being online. By the way, check out the test pilots' hangar forum for a CCS beta version I'm about to upload. It has some new stuff that I think we'll want to use in the next race.

Eric

Guest Don Hamilton

I have recovered some lost race logs. The race results have been updated with significant changes in pilot standings. There may be other changes as more lost .logs come to light. Sorry for the confusion and inconvience. I am sure glad this was in informal race.

confused_smile.gif

I forgot to say, thank you to Don without whose hard work managing and scoring the race and publishing the details and results we'd be just a bunch of guys sitting at our computers! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Kris

GEEEEzzzzzzzzzzzz! biggrin.gif

Only won in the 28 by 23 SECONDS. THAT was close

Name / SOAR ID # Time Knots/hr

Trace Lewis #1026 0:46:01 53.7

Marcin May #890

0:46:24

Thanks Don and Eric for this whole race!

Thanks Don and Eric for this whole race!

Yes indeed! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Now we just need a bit of experience in the new CCS. Once we've "crunched" some of our favorite areas for terrain lift, we should try doing some multi-flying.

Before long we should be able to run both online and offline races as we've wished since the inception of FS9.

"Onward and Upward!" biggrin.gif