New Race Scheduled For Nov.

Guest Don Hamilton

Hi Don,

Thanks for organizing the race. I will release an updated version of CCS before the race to include, among other things, the following enhancements:

1. user-definable thermal coverage

2. user-definable widespread sink

3. greater likelihood of finding thermals other than those pointed to by the cheat keys

4. thermals "stood up" a little straigher in wind

5. a period of building strength at the beginning of each thermal's "life"

...and more

Thus, would you add the following to the race page, please? (Sorry for not thinking about this earlier.)

"Eric has promised to release an updated version of Cross-Country Soaring prior to the race and will design the race package to work only with this new version (not with Ver. 1.0). Please check his web site (http://x-c.home.att.net) for the new version, and upgrade before the race."

Thanks,

Eric

P.S. Feel free to hide the web address by making "web site" a hyperlink, if you prefer.

Thanks for doing this Eric & Don - just out of interest the Sequatchie Valley has seen 1000K+ sailplane flights flown out of it and Karl Streideck used it in a straight out world record flight from his ridge top strip near State College in Pennsylvania (Eagle Field in MSFS) a few years back - flew over 1300km into Alabama, mainly using ridge lift, if I remember correctly. I don't suppose your race will be that long? biggrin.gif

Anybody going to be flying the ASH25M from JAMAIRCRAFT?

By the way is there anything that would detect engine use in the current logger/viewer system?

Never mind the above statement. dry.gif

Is anyone flying the Duo Discus,Discus CS/2b or Grob 102 maybe the ASK-21?

Also does anyone have the FSLnav polar for the DuoDiscus and/or Discus 2b (Kris?) biggrin.gif

And is this an online multi deal?

Hi Trace,

No, this is NOT an online multi race. This will come later.

I'm flying the Duo in the FFVVV races. I used the '28 polar.... And I did arrive above the line...

But at high speed, I think there's a difference.

I made some trials with both the '28 and the Duo on a 190 Kms trip, the difference at the end was 1 minute... More likely due to me.

Anyone who has the Duo's polar is welcome to post it somewhere...

Guest Don Hamilton

Hello Pilots,

If you are planning to fly the the Sequatchie Valley Challange, please e-mail me (link is listed on race page) your "intent to fly", and please state the gliders you would like to fly.

Cheers biggrin.gif

If you are planning to fly the the Sequatchie Valley Challange, please e-mail me (link is listed on race page) your "intent to fly", and please state the gliders you would like to fly.

Hi Don,

thanks in advance for your job.

I e-mailed you my subscription and I noticed you promptly added me to the challangers list.

Cause I subscribed SOAR last week, I am still waiting my SOAR ID.

As a newbie, may I ask suggestions about the glider to choose. confused.gif

Don't worry, give me the right suggestions, I'll not win the contest smile.gif

Stefano

Terribly sorry, but I will not be able to participate in this comp! The reason being, is because I have trial papers for my GCSEs, and on the weekends, I'm heavily involved with air cadets - 7th Nov I'm bugling for Remembrance Day, 14th November, I'm bugling and parading in Bath and nearby Keynsham for Remembrance day.

Very sorry, but perhaps next time smile.gif

As a newbie, may I ask suggestions about the glider to choose. confused.gif

Don't worry, give me the right suggestions, I'll not win the contest  :)

Ok, i understand that, you all afraid of beginners' proverbial luck nerd.gif.

I'll choose the supposed right glider/s by myself.

However, please, don't scold me, it will not be my fault, when you will have to leave the contest to rescue a

poor guy blink.gif lost in the bush. laugh.gif

Hi Stefano,

This will be my first SOAR race, too. I'm flying the ASW-28, which appears to be the most popular glider. I'm also flying the Weihe. It will slow down better than the ASW-28, thereby letting you climb better in weak thermals. It doesn't have nearly the top end performance of the ASW-28, though. Just pick whatever suits you, and have fun.

Eric

thumbsup.gif

Hi Eric,

thank you for your freeware job.

I am going to install your add on as soon as possible to test it,

however I want to remark the great accuracy used to produce the useful user guide.

It's a great thing to know that freeware spirit is still surviving and it allows us to enjoy our hobby.

Thanks Again

Stefano

confused_smile.gif Ehi pssstt, could you lend me your ASW-28 during Sequatchie Valley Challange?

I just left mine in the middle of a grassland somewhere in the Southern Alps smile.gif

I told you I am a beginner nerd.gif

Eric,

I tried your package and as a beginner I found it enjoyable.

I tried it using real weather condition too, and it seems to work fine, enhancing realism

and getting not so easy to discover where the lift core is growing.

The attached User guide is really complete an enjoable thumbsup.gif

Is my opinion, or in the css.ini file zipped in the package you disabled the Widespread Sink option confused.gif

Stefano

Hello everybody, excuse me for my english, but i'm italian.

I want to partecipate at the race, but i haven't a soar number.

I request this number few days ago and I submit the race without soar number, but my name there isn't in the list of pilot.

My address e-mail is simo.giovannini@libero.it and my name is simone giovannini. Please help me because i like very much to partecipate at the soar race.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Don Hamilton

Hello Pilots,

I am extending the race deadline to Sunday, December 5 at 24:00 GMT.

This will give pilots the time needed to participate in more races with other sailplanes.

Good luck to all and may the lift be with you!

Cheers, smile.gif

Don