March Screenshot Winners

Guest Karen Hamilton

Guest Karen Hamilton

Thanks to all that participated in this month's contest!! Once again, there were many great shots!!

thumbsup.gif Don Hamilton won with a great oldie!

thumbsup.gif Peter Franke has 2nd with a beautiful shot of his latest creation!

Again a tie for 3rd between several really super shots:

thumbsup.gif Peter Browne #3

thumbsup.gif Trace Lewis with 2 entries #7 & #8

thumbsup.gif Mats Bosson #11

thumbsup.gif Kris Felmann #14

thumbsup.gif Mike Hayes #16

thumbsup.gif Chris Cochet #18

All really nice shots!!! Congrats!!

Some of you were wanting to know how the voting broke down:

7 votes for Don Hamilton's #10

3 votes for Peter Franke's #13

All the 3rd place winners received 1 vote each

Congratulations, Don!

Do you folks think there is any chance that people think only entrants may vote in the contest?

How about using a "poll" in the forum as the voting engine?

Kris

Guest Max Roodveldt

Good idea, Kris

and perhaps put the screenshot entries on the board too - like on the screenshot AVSIM forum...

Like: Karen put the screenies on the board and we vote by poll - can this be done, Chris ?

beer-toast.gif

Guest Karen Hamilton

Good idea, Kris

and perhaps put the screenshot entries on the board too - like on the screenshot AVSIM forum...

Like: Karen put the screenies on the board and we vote by poll - can this be done, Chris ?

beer-toast.gif

Already tried to do a poll back in the beginning to vote, but these particular polls will not work. There are not enough fields to cover the # of screenshots submitted. For instance, I think the max in these polls is 12, so if there are more than 12 screenshots, we would have to do more than one poll and there is not way to have them to total together.......... Also, there is no data field in a poll where a person could type in a #, so unfortunately, although it is a good idea, it won't work!

I found a couple of good voting scripts, but I we could not figure out how to implement them. doh.gif HINT! HINT! any programmers, please?????? boohoo.gif

Guest Karen Hamilton

Do you folks think there is any chance that people think only entrants may vote in the contest?

Kris,

Hmmm, don't know, but sure had not thought of that possibility. I will post a note above the voting link to make it clear that voting is open to ALL members. Thanks for the thought!!! beer-toast.gif

any programmers, please?????? boohoo.gif  

This week I won't have any time, but perhaps after that. What have you got to work with on the server, PHP and MySQL?

Kris

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Karen Hamilton

Kris, sorry I must've overlooked answering your question. Yes, we have both

PHP and MySQL and help would be greatly appreciated! thumbsup.gif