Canopy Colour?

AKIS21M

does anyone knows to tell me how can i change canopy glass colour to make it darker???does anyone make it to tell me or send me the textures???thanks!

does anyone knows to tell me how can i change canopy glass colour to make it darker???does anyone make it to tell me or send me the textures???thanks!

I have e-mailed you a modified diffuse map for *4_T.dds for the Greek Block 52+ for you to test, using the same canopy colouring as my Vermont repaints forund at AVSIM. Please note that I have not gotten permission from Vin to do this so keep the file to yourself.

You may find that the fwd transparancy is less golden then the VT ANG ones and that is due to the fact that the texture folder for this aircraft contains a blue/blue Front_Canopy_Fresnel_Ramp.dds/Rear_Canopy_Fresnel_Ramp.dds. Some of the other paints contain golden front fresnel so you might paste in and replace should you desire so. The Greek Block 52+' doesn't seem to have a very golden front, however.

Thanks

I have e-mailed you a modified diffuse map for *4_T.dds for the Greek Block 52+ for you to test, using the same canopy colouring as my Vermont repaints forund at AVSIM. Please note that I have not gotten permission from Vin to do this so keep the file to yourself.

You may find that the fwd transparancy is less golden then the VT ANG ones and that is due to the fact that the texture folder for this aircraft contains a blue/blue Front_Canopy_Fresnel_Ramp.dds/Rear_Canopy_Fresnel_Ramp.dds. Some of the other paints contain golden front fresnel so you might paste in and replace should you desire so. The Greek Block 52+' doesn't seem to have a very golden front, however.

Thanks

Hmmm...of course it's for me and thank you Dag..i've send u an e-mail..About now for the blue/blue i think that it's ok and Cft's have green/green...;)

thanks anyway!!

Hmmm...of course it's for me and thank you Dag..i've send u an e-mail..About now for the blue/blue i think that it's ok and Cft's have green/green... ;)

thanks anyway!!

:rolleyes: Hi Mr. Dags!

Could I have a cockpit windshield that would look a little bit golden ?

Well,thanx in advance!

:rolleyes: Hi Mr. Dags!

Could I have a cockpit windshield that would look a little bit golden ?

Well,thanx in advance!

Vin and me are preparing a pretty comprehensive textures update package where there'll be all new canopy textures for all paints in the aerosoft package and all my freeware repaints on avsim (Pakistan/Bahrain/Jordan etc). With these textures will be 4 versions of the fwd transparency fresnel ramp and this is the texture that determines the reflection colour and how strong the reflection/light-glint is. This far I have made a golden/darker golden/greenish and golden-greenish fresnel ramp. I am so far most happy with the golden-greenish. The standard coloured F-16 transparency these days tends to look greenish-purple on the side that the sun shines and more golden on the shadow side. This golden-greenish fresnel ramp texture captures that to a certain degree.

Be patient. I need to do some 61 diffuse textures in all and we'll also include Vin's revised AB texture which is more orange in colour. The internal canopy reflection as seen from outside will also be revised.

All of this will be "folders only" and no installer or "extract directly to package". This is because users probably have shuffled paints to other models or deleted parts of the paints to save space. We will give full freedom and several options.

Thanks

Ok,

The texture update package is undergoing last checks so expect something at AVSIM before Friday. We have decided to do a non-installer package as there are too much variety in the folders. We give a lot of options so get familiar with the folder structure of the Aerosoft F-16. We have included a pretty detailed readme so there should not be any real problems.

'till then

Ok,

The texture update package is undergoing last checks so expect something at AVSIM before Friday. We have decided to do a non-installer package as there are too much variety in the folders. We give a lot of options so get familiar with the folder structure of the Aerosoft F-16. We have included a pretty detailed readme so there should not be any real problems.

'till then

Hi Dag,

It's a real shame all the best stuff ends up on AVSIM. I find that place impossible to use. I went through all the trouble of registering etc. and the 2 browsers I use utterly refuse to download a damn thing. One page says something about "use save as" if you're using IE. But I hate that browser, and will never use it.

I get my stuff from Sim-Outhouse, but the paints I want aren't on there (or I can't find them). Oh well, guess I'll have to go without, or wait until Aerosoft releases 'em.

Regards, Tony

Hi Dag,

It's a real shame all the best stuff ends up on AVSIM. I find that place impossible to use. I went through all the trouble of registering etc. and the 2 browsers I use utterly refuse to download a damn thing. One page says something about "use save as" if you're using IE. But I hate that browser, and will never use it.

I get my stuff from Sim-Outhouse, but the paints I want aren't on there (or I can't find them). Oh well, guess I'll have to go without, or wait until Aerosoft releases 'em.

Regards, Tony

Hmm, that's a real shame Tony. When I am logged in there to download something, I simply right click the yellow bar at the top of IE and allow download, otherwise the pop-up blocker stops it. You can also permanently allow pop ups from avsim. I guess it's much the same in Firefox or Opera etc.

Thousands of users go to AVSIM each day to get stuff and I upload there due to wider exposure. I have not talked to Mathijs about server space here for repaints and texture updates but that could be an option.

Thanks

Hmm, that's a real shame Tony. When I am logged in there to download something, I simply right click the yellow bar at the top of IE and allow download, otherwise the pop-up blocker stops it. You can also permanently allow pop ups from avsim. I guess it's much the same in Firefox or Opera etc.

Thousands of users go to AVSIM each day to get stuff and I upload there due to wider exposure. I have not talked to Mathijs about server space here for repaints and texture updates but that could be an option.

Thanks

Hey Dag,

What you said there got me checking my settings for my browser. It didn't show any problems, so I checked other stuff. It turned out that "Peer Guardian" was blocking the AVSIM download site. That means it must be on a naughty list. Anyway, I allowed the site for 15 minutes and it downloaded straight away :)

Now of course I'm wondering WHY it was being blocked in the first place? At least I now know what the problem was, and can download the stuff I wanted. Thanks for the help :)

Tony

Hey Dag,

What you said there got me checking my settings for my browser. It didn't show any problems, so I checked other stuff. It turned out that "Peer Guardian" was blocking the AVSIM download site. That means it must be on a naughty list. Anyway, I allowed the site for 15 minutes and it downloaded straight away :)

Now of course I'm wondering WHY it was being blocked in the first place? At least I now know what the problem was, and can download the stuff I wanted. Thanks for the help :)

Tony

AVSIM is safe, glad I could be of help :rolleyes:

The texture updates where approved by Mathijs, only problem was to make an advanced installer. But I think a zip-file on the server where the other updates for the F-16 are could be possible? If not I think AVsim is a good alternative. But also uploading it to Sim Outhouse won't have to be a problem?

The texture updates where approved by Mathijs, only problem was to make an advanced installer. But I think a zip-file on the server where the other updates for the F-16 are could be possible? If not I think AVsim is a good alternative. But also uploading it to Sim Outhouse won't have to be a problem?

Ah just the fellow :)

Hi Vin, you're the main reason I went to AVSIM lol. I wanted your Klu demo! I finally got it this morning, but I appear to have a problem unfortunately.

In Virtual cockpit view a lot of the cockpit is black, (the gauges and some buttons to mention a few), and EVERYTHING outside is black, (no scenery). Any ideas? The Klu demo is the only craft that does this. From the outside views everything is fine, as is the normal cockpit view. The plane looks GREAT in this livery (that's why I wanted it so bad lol), but knowing nothing about what I'm doing, I'm a bit stuck. I copied the Texture.Klu_DEMO_J016 folder to the F-16AM display folder, and copied the text in the readme to the Aircraft.cfg in the same folder. The readme doesn't say do anything else, so I assume I've done everything right. And yes I did edit the "X" to a number "2" as that was the next number to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Tony

Hi Tony,

that's strange. By what I read you've done everything correct so that shouldn't be the problem. So far I haven't heard from anyone else having a problem with this paint.

The only thing I can think of now is a missing texture.cfg file in the Texture.KLu_DEMO_J-016 folder. Can you check if it's there?

Hi Vin,

Yes the Texture.cfg is there.There are a total of 24 files in that folder?

I'm going to try every single model in the F-16 range, and every livery, just see if there are any more problems anywhere else. I've noticed one already, an aircraft couldn't reach 200 knts on a VERY long runway. I think I sorted that from a post in the forum.

I'll check every model tonight, so won't reply until tomorrow okay.

Thanks!

Tony

[edit]

That was quicker than expected. I tried yours 3rd in line after testing the other problem I had earlier. It works perfectly this time? The only difference was the location! Which leads me to believe it was NOT your paint that was the problem, but perhaps the addon scenery I have instead.

Surfice to say, I had a real good time with your paint, and I love it. Thanks for the effort you put in, it's now my default bird and paint :)

[end edit]