Eddf Fix Needed!

PinkPony

Now this is exactly what i feared.

No information what so ever on the issue.

Is this even being fixed?

kinda dissapointed that a AFCAD needs so long to be looked at.

Leo :(

Rather sad to see that the developers don't even comment on the various issues.

The more I search for a fix. the more bugs I find.

At most gates the aircraft are not parked properly because the AFCAD is WAY OFF.

Look at how they enter 07L. Bigger aircraft will have their left gear on the grass because the AFCAD is drawn way off the actual scenery on many spots.

Now OPabst put some effort in it 2 weeks back, but after his last AFCAD sorted out the misalignment for 3 out of 4 runways it caused the AI aircraft to taxi on grass as it was way off.

So could those involved in the design of this scenery please tell me if this is going to be addressed or if i should simply give up on Aerosoft's support?

Still leaves wrong PAPI light and glideslope placement bla bla bla which i have already mentioned various times.

The only one here who seems to try to help is Shaun. So thanks for that I really appreciate it! Is there a way you could pass this on to those who really should be working on a fix? As I am tired of wasting your time with things you should not waste your time having to fix?

Leo :angry:

• Developer

Sorry Sir, but the scenery is out for more then one year now and NOBODY has define only a less part of your problems

NON of your problems you stated in the last week can be seen in my installation and autoland on 07L works perfect.

Btw: I am NOT the developer and when had try to help you only to give you a small fix of what I could see.

When there a "small" issues you want to have PERFECT, try to learn how to use AFCAD (its free), then you can make your own perfect version.

The Afcad in the release of MAF is better then the most afcad of other product, maybe not perfect in the last detail, but functional and usable.

Ok so I download the installer again from my account and re install the scenery and still the ai aircraft DO NOT follow the taxiways on certain spots because the AFCAD is off.

Reading my initial posts you would will see i stated i tried myself already to fix the afcad myself. And i have been using the AFCAD editir from lee swirdy for some time now and am well aware of its features.

In fact I managed to get the ils sorted out last night and was planning on sending it in to you guys so that you would see zhe fixes. I also correctly placed the papi lights and the glideslope.

But then observing i noticed how then ai aircraft park off their gate lines on some spots and clearly enter 07L without following the taxiway in. This because the afcad is drawn in a offset to the actual scenery.

Please dont get be wrong, i dont want to harass you, but i dont work for aerosoft and so cannot pass word to those who know how to fix it. I really would if i could.

But hiw should i change the taxiways in the afcad since the actual textures are over the afcad when in the game.

I do not havr this issue at MAL or MAP.

Again i am willing to give you all my support in getting it solved and i really appreciate your time in fixing a bug you have not created!

Leo

Ok so I download the installer again from my account and re install the scenery and still the ai aircraft DO NOT follow the taxiways on certain spots because the AFCAD is off.

Reading my initial posts you would will see i stated i tried already to fix the afcad myself. And i have been using the AFCAD editir from lee swirdy for some time now and am well aware of its features.

In fact I managed to get the ils sorted out last night and was planning on sending it in to you guys so that you would see the fixes. I also correctly placed the papi lights and the glideslope.

But then observing i noticed how then ai aircraft park off their gate lines on some spots and clearly enter 07L without following the taxiway in. This because the afcad is drawn in a offset to the actual scenery.

Please dont get be wrong, i dont want to harass you, but i dint wirk fir aerosoft and so cannot pass word to those who know how to fix it. I really would if i could.

But hiw should i change the taxiways in the afcad since the actual textures are over the afcad when in the game.

I do not havr this issue at MAL or MAP.

Again i am willing to give you all my support in getting it solved and i really appreciate your time in fixing a bug you have not created!

Leo

Hello Leo,

Also the AFCAD is made for the scenery if you go by the charts and something is altered in the real world then you could be altering it in the scenery and then its position will be wrong there.

Can you attach some screenshots of the problems you are seeing please.

Hello Leo,

Also the AFCAD is made for the scenery if you go by the charts and something is altered in the real world then you could be altering it in the scenery and then its position will be wrong there.

Can you attach some screenshots of the problems you are seeing please.

Yes which is why i thought me fixing the PAPI lights and glideslope might have cause the AFCAD to be offset. But after installing it fresh yesterday again with the stock MAF AFCAD the problem was still the same with the offset. So currently i am using the AFCAD that came with the installer.

So here the screenshots

Gate A 12 Clear offset of the AFCAD parking to the scenery

post-11359-1237927721_thumb.jpg

Now this problem does not really bother me but I used it to show how the AFCAD provided with MAF is off on certain spots.

Now the entry to 07L. Up to the Hold short bar its all fine.

post-11359-1237927828_thumb.jpg

But Now look at this! After the hold short bar the planes no longer follow the actual yellow line, because the AFCAD on this spot is way off! Now this is a 319 but the 340 behind would have its left gear in the grass....

post-11359-1237927898_thumb.jpg

So here it is Shaun! I hope the images are clear enough. Again this issue is only at MAF and i do not have this with any other Aerosoft scenery.

And these are not the only spots where the AFCAD is off. I could list at least another 10 gates where it is an issue and various taxiways around the airport.

So sadly i think the only solution is a re-drawing of the AFCADS!!!

And BTW i have sucessfully managed to solve the Localizer offsets after some work yesterday which is when i discovered the issue with the taxiways. So if u need that AFCAD let me know.

I really would fix this if i would have the necessary materials to do it. But i need some kind of merge between the actual scenery and the AFCAD to re-draw it so that they match, if you understand what I mean.

let's get this solved :P

Best wishes,

leo

Sadly this didnt change anyting.

I sent you a email witht the details Shaun.

This has become a joke now. I have provided all the info. necessary and but I am told you dont have the same issue. Which i DO NOT understand since I have the installed from my account and if there is a new one (anyone care to upload it?)

Now am I the only one? Nope. Check out this thread.

http://www.flugsimulation.ch/forum/showthread.php?p=534086

About 20 pics all showing MAF 2008. At various gates you will see the offset of the planes parked.

There is only 1 problem with it. The AFCAD is WAY OFF on certain spots.

Now i only need a clear answer as I am pretty sick of having to beg for a fix here.

Does Aerosoft acknowledge the issue or will Shaun still be only one kindly trying to help me? and I really appreciate that he does.

I have always appreciated the great sceneries Aerosft has produced and always refer to them for their great support. But what has done reagarding MAF 2008 is sad...

All I want to know is if this will be fixed or not, and there should be no more discussion on the question if I am the only one with this issue. Because no I am not. I re installed the scenery for the 15th time today over the past 3 weeks. with the installer from my Aerosoft.com account.

Clarification would be GREAT

Leo :angry:

Hello Leo,

The planes seem to be parked on the lines in the majority of the pictures that I saw on that thread.

The team that made the scenery can be contacted here.

Unfortunately planes wont always park in the correct spot as to the best of my knowledge they use calculations from the aircraft.cfg.

The problem with the planes not following the taxi lines can be remedied by placing the plane on the taxiway and then moving the line in the AFCAD utility to match it, if its to sharp a turn then more points can be added.

Sent the guy who according to the website handles all their aiports an email a week back and no reply.

And under contacts it states that for qeuestions regarding support and patches i should contact aerosoft support.

So what to do????

BTW i read your last email and tried that what you told me to do.

Result is not one single plane parked at EDDF anymore or flying from or to the airport as there no longer is a valid AFCAD for the aiport so there is something wrong with BR2_EDDF.bgl

???????

Leo