Eddf Fix Needed!

PinkPony

Dear Aerosoft Team,

Mega Airport Frankfurt 2008 is amazing! so thanks for that.

After hours and hours of AFCAD editing today i giv eup on fixing EDDF.

Couple issues here:

PAPI lights not in the right position, look at the AIP chart provided compared to where they are located in the AFCAD. (i managed to fix this using the chart as ref.)

Glide slope too far down the runway on the 07s (i managed to fix this using the chart as ref.) is this on purpose so that the AI aircraft land further down the runway and exit faster?

Finally the issue that i can't fix correctly:

REAL HEADINGS:

Runway headings are 07L and 07R, 069 deg. magnetic.

25L and 25R, 249 deg. magnetic.

18, 179 deg.magenitic.

36, 359 deg. magnetic.

Magnetic variation at FRA is 1, deg. east.

Currently we have this:

07L and 07R 067.560 deg. magnetic

25L and 25R 248 deg. magnetic (and so different than the 07s)

And finally magnetic variation for ILS and the airport is 2.0 deg. East which is wrong.

Problem results in landing off centerline by a significant amount to the right on 07L (only runway i tested the GS on about 20 times) with PMDG 744, 737 and LDS 763.

Can this please be fixed guys?

FRA is my most important airport in FS. :P

I am sure this is nothing major but will simply need a little look at and a small fix with new AFCADs.

Best Wishes,

Leo

Really frustrating now... :(

Cant complete 1 proper autoland since the localizer is so off centerline...

Tried to send OPabst a PM but that is disabled...

I think you are the developer of this great scenery right? Could you give it a look?

This one really needs a look at by the right people!

Best wishes,

Leo

I am not on the dev team for any of this, but I had an issue with off centre localizers in LHR. I remember using some registry tool, I believe by Flight1, and the problem was solved, without any changes to AFCADs or the like...

Andrew

I am not on the dev team for any of this, but I had an issue with off centre localizers in LHR. I remember using some registry tool, I believe by Flight1, and the problem was solved, without any changes to AFCADs or the like...

Andrew

Thanks for the suggestion...but i already did that a while back and yesterday again to be sure.

I have no problems at any other port including Mega airport London.

Still no word from Aerosoft?

Leo :(

Hello Leo,

I believe I answered your e-mail regarding this.

The magnetic variation I believe is set in a file in Flight Sim therefore you wont be able to get it the same as a real world chart as these can be changed every year or you take into account the yearly change on the chart.

• Developer
Really frustrating now... :(

Cant complete 1 proper autoland since the localizer is so off centerline...

Tried to send OPabst a PM but that is disabled...

I think you are the developer of this great scenery right? Could you give it a look?

This one really needs a look at by the right people!

Best wishes,

Leo

Which freqence you use for LOC 7L?

Which freqence you use for LOC 7L?

110.55 with 068 as course. But the course should be 069 because magnetic variation is less now. Scenery has it set to 2 east but it is 1 east now.

When I move the localizer myself I can improve the alignment.

Still glideslope is positioned too far down and PAPI lights missplaced.

Thanks for looking into it!!

If I can be of any help on testing a fix feel free to ask!

Leo

Hello Leo,

I believe I answered your e-mail regarding this.

The magnetic variation I believe is set in a file in Flight Sim therefore you wont be able to get it the same as a real world chart as these can be changed every year or you take into account the yearly change on the chart.

I know Shaun, and thanks for that! I know the varition changes but the heading of the LOC itself will not make the plane physically land off centerline. The issue causing the plane to land off centerline is caused by A small missalignment in the AFCAD that can be fixed. Again this still leaves the misspositioned GS and PAPI lights to be fixed.

Leo :)

• Developer

Hi,

attached you find a replacement for the Afcad of MAF 2008 FS9 (inoffical and not support!!!)

This should correct the ILS of 07L.

Btw: This AFCAD has a star system to get the RW 18 usable for the user for Takeoff (AI don't use it). When you have got the Taxi clearance from ATC and the wind is from south directions, you can request the RW18 for depature from ATC.

It could happen, that AI Aircrafts will land on 18/36 (is a internal problem of FS).

AF2_EDDF_Gap_Team_Full_with_Custom_AI.zip

Replace at 13-3-09

Hi,

attached you find a replacement for the Afcad of MAF 2008 FS9 (inoffical and not support!!!)

This should correct the ILS of 07L.

Btw: This AFCAD has a star system to get the RW 18 usable for the user for Takeoff (AI don't use it). When you have got the Taxi clearance from ATC and the wind is from south directions, you can request the RW18 for depature from ATC.

It could happen, that AI Aircrafts will land on 18/36 (is a internal problem of FS).

I know Shaun, and I have tried but moving it did not fix it in any way!

Thanks Oliver and Shaun! Best support from the aerosoft team like always, you guys are simply the best!

I'm gong to try it later when I get home and let you know,

Vielen Dank :)

Ok Oliver I just checked your AFCAD out.

07L is perfect now!!! right on the center line so thanks so much for that :D

Could you apply the same to 07R, 25L and 25R which have the same issue like 07L just like before?

Thanks for everything!

Leo

So here are the current issues for EDDF.

1. 07L LOC is off centerline again.

2. AI aircraft no longer follow the taxi ways in between 07L/25R and 07R/25L.

3. The New STAR system with RWY 18 in operation prevents the 25s from being used. (i think it would be better to leave it the old way)

4. Glideslope and PAPI lights still not in the right position.

Why is this whole fix. inofficial anyways?!?! I would understand if this were some kind of modification or something, but it is a fix. to a official issue.

I'm wondering why a complete update/fix isn't released?

Some clarification and intention on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

And thanks for all your efforts so far Oliver :)

Leo

• Developer

Leo please stop to post comments in my account. This is no support system there.When the AFCAD don't fit to your need forget it and wait for a official update.

Leo please stop to post comments in my account. This is no support system there.When the AFCAD don't fit to your need forget it and wait for a official update.

Sorry about that Oliver! My apologies.

So i will wait.

Leo

I'm wondering how long such a fix. will take approx. and I know you guys are busy with various projects. But at the moment I can't fully enjoy flying at MAF 2008.

Are the causes for the issues known?

Leo :(

Hello Leo,

I'm sure that it will be worked on, in the mean time just close the runway in question as if it needed real life maintenance or do a manual approach using your skills as a pilot ;)

Good to hear!

Don't get me wrong Shaun, I really love hand flying.

But the weather in FRA sucks most of the time, so CATIIIB is what i need :P

Leo :)