Antarctica X Preview (released, topic closed)

Sasa

I really don't understand that! :blush:

Mathijs is so generous to bundle Antarctica with a, as I understood, little bit stripped version of the Twotter and you guys are starting to ask for a discount. I own the Twotter now for some years, flying a lot with it, but never came across the idea to ask for a discount after enjoying the Twotter for quite a while, only because it is bundled with another addon.

For sure it is kind of bad luck, when you recently bought the Twotter, but hey that's life. And you have the choice to buy something when you need or want it, or you wait until there might by some discount or whatever in the (far) future.

Anyway, Mathjis thanks for this generous offer!

Of cause that's life, but for many students like me those 28€ are much money. And I'm sure you will understand that if you don't have a job you can't just ignore that.

No, we just add one model, one livery. More because the default FSX has no aircraft that can be used there then anything else.

The I assume it's the model with ski's attached to it?

Question, does the product come with a map like you provided with the Maledives scenery?

Guess we're going to need one, given it's an entire continent ^_^

Question, does the product come with a map like you provided with the Maledives scenery?

Guess we're going to need one, given it's an entire continent ^_^

Most likely there will be more than only one map. There will also be a set of charts in the manual.

Bests,

Sascha

Of cause that's life, but for many students like me those 28€ are much money. And I'm sure you will understand that if you don't have a job you can't just ignore that.

I don't know how that 28€ came up here. If we consider the work and money invested in the project we could easily reach levels of Switzerland Professional's pricing range. Anyway: The final price has not been decided yet and will be announced soon enough before release.

Bests,

Sascha

The last base is being done right now, so we expect a release next month.

In fact there are 3 more bases to be finished: McMurdo, Scott and Halley. McMurdo and Scott are basically one base and are without a doubt the biggest workload to finish. Plus McMurdo comes with a nice set of very individual vehicles like the one shown here:

Bests,

Sascha

post-233-0-68599500-1316680046_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft

I don't know how that 28€ came up here. If we consider the work and money invested in the project we could easily reach levels of Switzerland Professional's pricing range. Anyway: The final price has not been decided yet and will be announced soon enough before release.

Bests,

Sascha

The 28 euro was related to the Twotter that's included not related to the price of this product.

It's one of the biggest scenery projects ever done and it can not be sold for peanuts.

........ Plus McMurdo comes with a nice set of very individual vehicles like the one shown here: Bests, Sascha

What? You mean you can't get a vehicle like that out of a standard set of scenery objects? :dumb_me_s:

Just kidding :D

It's looking fantastic Sacha!

You can count me for a license when it's released, though if the pricing is indeed in the Switzerland Pro range, it may take me some time (months) to save up the money for it and getting approval from the miss's :rolleyes:

The 28 euro was related to the Twotter that's included not related to the price of this product.

It's one of the biggest scenery projects ever done and it can not be sold for peanuts.

But it won't cose about 50€, will it? Because that would be far to much for me!

In my opinion about 30€ would be a good, price, what do you think?

I don't know, I have never buyed a similar scenery, larger as much I can think.

Working in IT, I can only imagine about hundred and hundred working hours.

So we wait for a final price, maybe it's difficult to assign a price to this masterpiece.

It's a wild area of our planet, how many simmers will be a customer for Antartica X?

Aerosoft spend many founds on this project, I think, and, at least, wants to recover this money.

Probably, the price, will be decided considering this situation.

And, IMHO, 50€ will be reasonable, due to the amount of work doin' on it...

Homer

Will there be any missions included ... or a seperate mission pack ... hope so!

I've been waiting for this one for a while now and its a definite day one buy, looks stunning... I'm guessing a month or two off yet though for a release?

Will there be any missions included ... or a seperate mission pack ... hope so!

I fact we discussed that during the past weeks but decided not to add any missions for now. Initially we were planning to add an "assisted flight" mission engine as in "African Airstrip Adventures" but decided not to do that after talking to a pilot flying down there. Instead he wrote a complete chapter for the manual about communications in Antarctica. Communications down there are somewhat sophisticated on one hand and so amateurish on the other hand that no computer guided script could ever cover it.

The communications chapter in the manual should be seen as recommendations for online pilots because we think that Antarctica is without a doubt the continent for online pilots to be. This is a continent where people of all communication skills come together (from the untrained Russian/Spanish only "tower" guy sitting in a tent) to the highly educated tower controllers in McMurdo. In addition to that communication between the pilots is essential to archive the latest updates about weather conditions and more.

Bests,

Sascha

I really don't understand that! :blush:

Mathijs is so generous to bundle Antarctica with a, as I understood, little bit stripped version of the Twotter and you guys are starting to ask for a discount.

I think you are missing the point. The problem is this: if the bundled Twotter increases the price of the package, as implied by Mathijs, those of us who already have the Twotter would have to pay more for a piece of the package that we don't even want or need and that has nothing to do with the actual scenery.

No. I didn't miss the point, as the bundled version is only kind of a Twotter "Light" ;)

Which makes it even more superfluous for those who already have the full Twotter version, while still increasing the price of the Antarctica package. Still missing the point, I'm afraid. ;)

Guys, calm down. Those who already own the Otter have many more models in that package. As Mathijs said before, he added it to the package, to have an aircraft at hand, which can operate down there, because there will be no Cessna flying in that conditions.I'm sure, the price will not rise, because the Otter is included, it's just a gift!

I also own the Otter, but believe me, those who don't get this package with or withour the Otter will miss one of the most amazing sceneries I ever saw! Sascha created his masterpiece there!

So don't argue about the price or what is included, save some money until release and enjoy it. There is so much more included as in some other small seneries, where no one asks about the price....

I fact we discussed that during the past weeks but decided not to add any missions for now. Initially we were planning to add an "assisted flight" mission engine as in "African Airstrip Adventures" but decided not to do that after talking to a pilot flying down there. Instead he wrote a complete chapter for the manual about communications in Antarctica. Communications down there are somewhat sophisticated on one hand and so amateurish on the other hand that no computer guided script could ever cover it.

The communications chapter in the manual should be seen as recommendations for online pilots because we think that Antarctica is without a doubt the continent for online pilots to be. This is a continent where people of all communication skills come together (from the untrained Russian/Spanish only "tower" guy sitting in a tent) to the highly educated tower controllers in McMurdo. In addition to that communication between the pilots is essential to archive the latest updates about weather conditions and more.

Bests,

Sascha

Thanks for that, even though it seems there will not be missions or even an introductory mission for this scenery and that's not what I wanted to hear ... I appreciate your honesty. I wish all developers were so honest and upfront ... Thank You.

But I'm still looking forward to this and judging by the views this topic has, so are a lot of others too ... I guess its just such an atmospheric and challenging environment to fly in.

• Aerosoft

Which makes it even more superfluous for those who already have the full Twotter version, while still increasing the price of the Antarctica package. Still missing the point, I'm afraid. ;)

Well you more or less get the point, but in monetary value the effect will be very small (I start to sound like a banker now, scary). Our main problem was that FSX does not contain any aircraft that can be used there. Let me tell you what we'll do, people who have the Twin Otter and buy the Antarctica project will get a small discount.

Well you more or less get the point, but in monetary value the effect will be very small (I start to sound like a banker now, scary). Our main problem was that FSX does not contain any aircraft that can be used there. Let me tell you what we'll do, people who have the Twin Otter and buy the Antarctica project will get a small discount.

Or maybe also the other way around? An Antartica-Twotter combo for a special price? B)

Thanks for that, even though it seems there will not be missions or even an introductory mission for this scenery and that's not what I wanted to hear ... I appreciate your honesty. I wish all developers were so honest and upfront ... Thank You.

Well, there is kind of a mission included there. The British fly their Twotters down from Calgary to Rothera (Antarctica) every season and back north when the season ends. Antarctica X comes with original flightplans for those flights as well as an article in the manual that describes them in detail - written by a pilot.

While a single mission would never give a satisfying introduction to Antarctica with all it's differences, we will cover all of that in the manual in detail. In fact the manual will be possibly the most detailed for a scenery product ever - something what you'd expect from an aircraft addon, not a scenery.

Bests,

Sascha

hello,

I wonder if it you could add a calibrated FSMap map in the package (the one you are planning to add to the package with the main landmarks, like in island). Because I am conserned that the calibration with be very hard to do.

Etienne