Antarctica X Preview (released, topic closed)

Sasa

However that kneeling guy scares the sh*t out of me. I'm suprised that crow is still sitting there :)

It's a brown skua btw. I was told that those two guys were part of the station's crew for many years so I thought it would be nice to dedicate them a 3D model.

The skua was coming back there from Mallorca every year if I recall that right.

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

Mr. Sascha,

The image scenery (texture) quality has drastically improved over the years, I'm glad for that; will there also be animations for characters/vehicles on the ice? (i.e. Are they only static?) :goodluck_s: with getting this out by Christmas!

As always, :goodjob_s: there with the pic.'s, Nick!

• Upvote 1

Of course there will be a few animated objects around. Yesterday I just created a snow blower for McMurdo and that bird that you can see on the latest screenshots is animated as well.

Bests,

Sascha

:o that's nice, have you (sasa) realy been there?

No, neither have I ever been to Lukla.

To pay a trip there from the sales of FSX addons would be wishful thinking, lol. ;)

Bests,

Sascha

I made some sceneries about 6 years ago, McGrath and a few other iditarod checkpoints in alaska, and with all the research about those places that it involved, looking at pictures, trying to get a feel for the places to somehow recreate that feeling in the sceneries... I got a little depressed about not being able to visit them! :) .

I made some sceneries about 6 years ago, McGrath and a few other iditarod checkpoints in alaska, and with all the research about those places that it involved, looking at pictures, trying to get a feel for the places to somehow recreate that feeling in the sceneries... I got a little depressed about not being able to visit them! :).

Yes. I must admit that Antarctica didn't fascinate me that much before I started working on this project. It's a continent of magic views that you won't see anywhere else on this globe. Considering that aviation is THE mode of transportation there, be it using heavy irons, smaller VFR aircraft or helicopters, it's time for a good representation of Antarctica in Flight Simulator.

I just stumbled over a nice video showing a year at America's McMurdo station (including some images of the airstrips). While most of what you see here gets included in Antarctica X, it's a pity that we will never be able to get polar lights like the real ones done in FSX (view range limitations). Have fun watching:

http://www.antarcticimages.com/Antarctica/Video-Clips/5140882_DDG9nC#311712045_aB4tt-A-LB

Bests,

Sascha

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

That sounds good Mathijs!

Do you already know how much it'll be?

No, but we'll sort that out soon. It will be a massive download though, gigabytes. And it comes with a full blown derivative of our Twin Otter (just about our best selling aircraft over the years). So don't expect a 18 Euro level.

No, but we'll sort that out soon. It will be a massive download though, gigabytes. And it comes with a full blown derivative of our Twin Otter (just about our best selling aircraft over the years). So don't expect a 18 Euro level.

Will there be a version with out the twotter, for those that already have it?

FSX Douglas C-47 Skytrain On Skis placed in The Thing movie set

USAF 73191 in arctic rescue colors, as seen when it was taking part in the movie The Thing From Another World (1951)

I know its the Artic but just for fun could you place this movie set in the Antarctic ?

Thanks

Gerry

AntarcticaX.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

Will there be a version with out the twotter, for those that already have it?

Or a discount of 28€?

I really don't understand that! :blush:

Mathijs is so generous to bundle Antarctica with a, as I understood, little bit stripped version of the Twotter and you guys are starting to ask for a discount. I own the Twotter now for some years, flying a lot with it, but never came across the idea to ask for a discount after enjoying the Twotter for quite a while, only because it is bundled with another addon.

For sure it is kind of bad luck, when you recently bought the Twotter, but hey that's life. And you have the choice to buy something when you need or want it, or you wait until there might by some discount or whatever in the (far) future.

Anyway, Mathjis thanks for this generous offer!