Antarctica X Preview (released, topic closed)

Sasa

Yes absolutly, but what can we do exept waiting and waiting and waiting... sadly we can't help developing.

• 4 weeks later...

A team of scientists watching the arrival of a Twin Otter on a Glacier Skiway near the Chilean/German O'Higgings Base.

OHiggins01.jpg

• Upvote 4

Really not bad! I'm absolutly looking forward to this.

Do you have any timelines we could get to know? I'm not asking for a releasedate, but i would really like to know at least the season. Is summer possible?

Loved the episode of Michael Palin's pole to pole in which they flew to Antarctica in an old DC6 - looked slightly more comfortable than this picture. :)

Yep I agree certainly beats Crab Air by a long shot. One thing might be the same though, climbing over everyone to get the loo.

That when the loo wasnt blocked by the first person to use it, which happened way too often in my experience :angry:

A BAS Twotter being refueled in Fossil Bluff, Antarctic Peninsula

FossilBluff01.jpg

Kazakh Almaty Air IL-76 in Patriot Hills

PatriotHills01.jpg

IL-76 ramp

PatriotHills02.jpg

• Upvote 4

Looking good, just signed up to this forum because of this project, after all, I need somewhere to fly my Australian Antarctic research DHC2 :P keep up the good work!

A BAS Twotter being refueled in Fossil Bluff, Antarctic Peninsula

Kazakh Almaty Air IL-76 in Patriot Hills

IL-76 ramp

Great shots. I look very much forward to it. Remember you promised me a place in the Beta-team.smile.gif

Great shots. I look very much forward to it. Remember you promised me a place in the Beta-team.smile.gif

Good point! Anyone who's interested in joining the beta team, please write a short application through LimeSim's contact form:

http://www.limesim.com/contact.html

Please mention in your application why we should choose you as a beta tester. Applicants with experiences in previous beta tests by Aerosoft or other well-known publishers are preferred.

Bests,

Sascha

P.S.: Ole, you don't need to do that. You're in. ;)

• Aerosoft

Good point! Anyone who's interested in joining the beta team, please write a short application through LimeSim's contact form:

Please mention in your application why we should choose you as a beta tester. Applicants with experiences in previous beta tests by Aerosoft or other well-known publishers are preferred.

Bests,

Sascha

And you need to be have an account here at these forums.....

Bests,

Sascha

Thanks Sascha. I look forward to hearing from you...wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I have to apologize that I haven't been able to answer a single beta test application as yet.

I'm very soon moving with my family from one continent from another, meaning that all the time I don't use for development goes into organizing that.

Please give me another 4 weeks or so and beta testing will finally start. This also means that there is no deadline for application as yet! Whoever wants to apply can still do so!

As a little apology here's a bunch of screenshots that finally shows some of the landscape in its full glory. Most of what you see here is continent-wide in this quality! Therefore it wasn't that easy to find some good spots because there are just too many.

PreviewMay01.jpg

James Ross Island with Antarctic Peninsula in background

PreviewMay02.jpg

Fildes Peninsula, home to many bases and and the Frei Airbase Hub (Chile)

PreviewMay03.jpg

View from Mount Erebus (active volcano) to McMurdo (USA), which is on the tip of the Peninsula you see in the distance

PreviewMay04.jpg

Approaching Frei Base (a good example to show the lesser detailed bases - the featured ones like McMurdo, Casey, Rothera and others will look way better)

PreviewMay05.jpg

Transantarctic Mountains

PreviewMay06.jpg

Transantarctic Mountains

PreviewMay07.jpg

Transantarctic Mountains

PreviewMay08.jpg

George VI Sound near Fossil Bluff (note thousands of Meltwater lakes on the ice)

Bests,

Sascha

I have to apologize that I haven't been able to answer a single beta test application as yet.

I'm very soon moving with my family from one continent from another, meaning that all the time I don't use for development goes into organizing that.

Please give me another 4 weeks or so and beta testing will finally start. This also means that there is no deadline for application as yet! Whoever wants to apply can still do so!

As a little apology here's a bunch of screenshots that finally shows some of the landscape in its full glory. Most of what you see here is continent-wide in this quality! Therefore it wasn't that easy to find some good spots because there are just too many.

Sascha

It looks stunningly good Sascha. Take your time, I can wait. I wont get off the continent for a long time, once I get on it - from the looks of this. Fantastic work...