Antarctica X Preview (released, topic closed)

Sasa

Chesse-Strike,

A question about the Dash 7 from British Antarctic Survey. The shown picture which I guess is taken in-game display an almost orange livery colour.

If I browse through photos of the BAS livery on the Internet, I see colours ranging from very red to almost orange.

It is probably light conditions causing this, but I am unsure of what the actual colour of the BAS livery is?

Michael

Do these photos help ? I took them when the BAS Dash 7 was at Duxford a few years ago.

Dash04.jpg

Dash03.jpg

Dash02.jpg

Dash01.jpg

Somewhere between red and orange, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again!

Sorry I had to let this project down for a few weeks while finishing Las Vegas. This wasn't planned but due to the extreme long development time and complexity of the Antarctica project I had to do something else to keep some funds flowing in. In other words:

Please buy as many copies of Las Vegas to support the Antarctica X project!

As a little apology a few new screenshots of the Australian Casey base are attached.

Casey01.jpg

Casey02.jpg

Casey03.jpg

Casey04.jpg

Casey05.jpg

• Upvote 2

Nice shots Paul, are you affiliated to BAS in any way? As a side note, somewhere I have book which did list the BS number for the colour used on the BAS Twotter and Dash 7

No Matt, though I live in Cambridge and the British Antarctic Survey's headquarters is here. Duxford is just seven miles down the road, so maybe that proximity accounts for the presence of their Dash. It was a very pleasant surprise to see it. :)

Does a preliminary map of airports/airstrips exist?

No, not yet. I'm planning to do all the airstrips and airports that are there, but only a few of them in high detail of course.

But another problem there is that many of those airstrips are only visible once in a while, they are seasonally prepared. McMurdo for example has 3 skiway locations of which never all 3 are active/visible at the same time.

Bests,

Sascha

Sorry I had to let this project down for a few weeks while finishing Las Vegas. This wasn't planned but due to the extreme long development time and complexity of the Antarctica project I had to do something else to keep some funds flowing in. In other words:

Please buy as many copies of Las Vegas to support the Antarctica X project!

Antarctica is looking great.

Las Vegas is looking great as well.

I'm supporting Antarctica so I'm downloading Las Vegas right now. :)

Merry Christmas to all,

Laurens

Hi!

I just moved some German posts made here to the German forum. They were about an upcoming freeware scenery of German Anarctica stations (+ South Africa's Sanae IV). It's good to see the continent finally gets the attention it deserves!

For those who are interested: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=41959

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I just moved some German posts made here to the German forum. They were about an upcoming freeware scenery of German Anarctica stations (+ South Africa's Sanae IV). It's good to see the continent finally gets the attention it deserves!

For those who are interested: http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=41959

Bests,

Sascha

Any news on this Sascha? Not that I am Impatient, but simply looking forward to this addon.:)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Any news on this Sascha? Not that I am Impatient, but simply looking forward to this addon.:)

There are some news as you can read here, and it doen't make me (personally) happy :mad:

• Upvote 1

Hmm, strange thing...

I hope Saschas package will not be "cut down" in features and stations because of this other scenery. In my(!!!!) opinion they aren't comparable in quality... :(

As far as i've understood yes, but see it that way: If we aren't going to get a full package including everything we mustn't pay for one;). So for the people who might only want the scenerie itself and who don't care if there are a few stations more or less it's a good development because they can get it far more cheaper:D

There are some news as you can read here, and it doen't make me (personally) happy :mad:

What's mentioned there doesn't reflect the agreement entirely, meaning Dirk wrote the first sentence a bit unclear, yes.

The project Antarctica X is still under LimeSim's development. Due to the different nature of how we approach things, we decided to keep our two projects separate and not to merge them.

I'll drop Neumayer and Sanae IV in high detail from Antarctica X do avoid doing something that is already done by someone else. Apart from that everything remains the same!

Bests,

Sascha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What's mentioned there doesn't reflect the agreement entirely, meaning Dirk wrote the first sentence a bit unclear, yes.

The project Antarctica X is still under LimeSim's development. Due to the different nature of how we approach things, we decided to keep our two projects separate and not to merge them.

I'll drop Neumayer and Sanae IV in high detail from Antarctica X do avoid doing something that is already done by someone else. Apart from that everything remains the same!

Bests,

Sascha

Will be very interested in this, as I was with US Navy Operation Deep Freeze from 1978-1981. Am sure McMurdo / Scott bases will be more in line with year 2000 plus, but will be quite interesting to see it and to "fly across" Antarctica once again. If the limitations of reaching 90 South hold in FSX, will be quite intersting to see how Dirk handles doing up Amundson-Scott Station. ;) Ahhh, how I miss the drone of the C-130 engines from my days there.

Thank you for taking on this type of project! Will be looking forward to both packages!

Best,

Ken Wood

Just to give you a little proof that work hasn't stopped:

RotheraStatic01.jpg

RotheraStatic02.jpg

The screens show UK's Rothera Base in a very early stage with local static aircraft. The Dash 8 is based on Milton Shupe's fantastic freeware. Many thanks to Milton for giving me permission to use his 3D model in this scenery.

Bests,

Sascha