Antarctica X Preview (released, topic closed)

Sasa

So? Is it coming along nicely or is your daughter keeping your hands filled?

I will continue working on it after Rotterdam and another US City.

Bests,

Sascha

• 1 month later...

Ohhh excellent ! Would you believe the calendar I have hanging in my kitchen is one showing scenes from Antarctica ? ! The place is really fascinating.

Aerosoft now needs to take Milton Shupe onboard, do a native FSX Dash 7 and release it in the British Antarctic Survey livery. Here she is at Duxford a couple of years ago.

Dash01.jpg

wink.gif

I agree, great airplane!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I will continue working on it after Rotterdam and another US City.Bests,Sascha

Since they've all been released, and since Huey is being delayed because of Airbus, I just cannot resist bumping this thread again. Any updates will be appreciated. To be fair, it's been a while and I'd love to take the Twotter for a spin around Rothera. :rolleyes:

Since they've all been released, and since Huey is being delayed because of Airbus, I just cannot resist bumping this thread again. Any updates will be appreciated. To be fair, it's been a while and I'd love to take the Twotter for a spin around Rothera. :rolleyes:

I can just repeat what I already said further above. First Rotterdam (done), then another US City (in development right now), then Antarctica.

Bests,

Sascha

• 3 weeks later...

is there the chance that it comes out this year? ore will the us city take to much time?

(i just want to know what you expect, no releasedate!)

• 3 weeks later...

is there the chance that it comes out this year? ore will the us city take to much time?

It will still come this year, don't worry.

Bests,

Sascha

• 1 month later...

Here's a little proof to show you that work on the project is (finally!) continuing:

Vinson Massif (Mesh only, satellite imagery to come)

JulyVinsonMassif01.jpg

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 7

One of the projects I'm eagerly awaiting as well. :)

A Dash 7, now that would indeed be the perfect fit. Unfortunately nobody's working on one yet. I should really consider starting a team to do this aircraft... :D

• Upvote 2

Are you accepting Beta testers right now? I was a Beta tester on Santorini X, I also write reviews for Flight Simulator X World, so fault finding is part of my job :lol: and frame rates shouldn't be a problem on this one, I get over 30 FPS on my machine in the desert, 10 to 15 in Urbain areas, and about 8 to 4 in the default Manhattan, and still flying smooth.

Here's a little proof to show you that work on the project is (finally!) continuing:

JulyVinsonMassif01.jpg

Bests,

Sascha

Mr. Sascha "Sasa,"

Glad she's finally getting your "special treatment!"wub.gif

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Are you accepting Beta testers right now? I was a Beta tester on Santorini X, I also write reviews for Flight Simulator X World, so fault finding is part of my job :lol: and frame rates shouldn't be a problem on this one, I get over 30 FPS on my machine in the desert, 10 to 15 in Urbain areas, and about 8 to 4 in the default Manhattan, and still flying smooth.

Beta will start in August. We'll let you know.

• 5 weeks later...

Now that it's 29 days later: Has the beta started already, or is it on hold till later notice?

Can't give times yet. Have some problems with the coastlines that display every single ice field from the satellite images but I'm close to getting it solved. Certainly a few more weeks to go until beta.

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 3

JulyVinsonMassif01.jpg

Bests,

Sascha

:blink::blink:

If just the mesh makes it look like that, I simply can't wait to see the completed project!!

Looks so real!!

are there some news on this project? or do we still have to wait?

and Sasa could you please show us some images of the airstrips (i'm not sure if you can call them "airports") which are included in the scenery?

regards

Emi

• Upvote 1

and Sasa could you please show us some images of the airstrips (i'm not sure if you can call them "airports") which are included in the scenery?

Sorry, I can't show certain screenshots on request. As soon as the airstrips/ice runways/stations (whatever you like to call them ;)) look nice enough for some screens, I will certainly post some screenshots.

I have spend the last weeks on creating the whole continent with coastlines that include every single iceberg seen on satellite images plus a specially created mesh terrain that is better than anything else available for Antarctica yet.

I won't be in office for the next 5 weeks but will still be working on 3D models during that time. Attached are two shots that show vehicles from the Australian Casey station. One of them shows the "airport" passenger bus.

Bests,

Sascha

post-233-128345922898_thumb.jpg

post-233-128345923666_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...