Lukla X Scenery

kingair

Just purchased this Lukla software for FSX, and I've noticed if I fly away for about 25mins plus when I return to Lukla there is a large grass embankment at the end of the runway. If you fly into it you crash!! If you stay local to Lukla i.e take off and land all is ok. Any ideas anyone?

Steve

I started to get the same problem right after I loaded up some MegaScenery Earth product. I find that if I go to Scenery Library, change nothing and just click on okay it goes away.

I started to get the same problem right after I loaded up some MegaScenery Earth product. I find that if I go to Scenery Library, change nothing and just click on okay it goes away.

Right. I thought I wrote something about this in the manual but apparently I didn't... :blink:

Anyway: FSX needs a so called "platform" as start position in Lukla, which is on the apron (because this is the only 100% even part there). Problem: We FSX reloads the scenery on a flight back to Lukla it loads it differently and uses that platform as a "Flatten" that forces all the surrounding terrain at the same level. If you have to fight with this problem, there are two ways to solve this before the approach gets serious and you don't have much time left:

- Do as mentioned above.

or:

- Go to the map view, zoom in, move your plane just a little bit so that you make FSX thinking it is at another location what forces a proper reload, too.

Bests,

Sascha

Ok, thanks for this I'll try that and also the response I've got from Sascha from Aerosoft.

Steve

Right. I thought I wrote something about this in the manual but apparently I didn't... :blink:

Anyway: FSX needs a so called "platform" as start position in Lukla, which is on the apron (because this is the only 100% even part there). Problem: We FSX reloads the scenery on a flight back to Lukla it loads it differently and uses that platform as a "Flatten" that forces all the surrounding terrain at the same level. If you have to fight with this problem, there are two ways to solve this before the approach gets serious and you don't have much time left:

- Do as mentioned above.

or:

- Go to the map view, zoom in, move your plane just a little bit so that you make FSX thinking it is at another location what forces a proper reload, too.

Bests,

Sascha

OK, thanks for this, I'll give it a try, the only problem is it will 'break up' the total immersion experience of the flight, by the interruption. Is this a FSX or Aerosoft issue--could it be fixed with a patch?

Steve

It is an fsx limitation indeed, but you can also solve it by assigning a key to "refresh scenery", which is not assigned by default. So the issue should be solvable with 1 click only. ;)

My French is a rusty but it looks like LLH Creations who make scenery for Meribel, France (LFKX) which has also has a sloped runway might have a solution for this.

I'm not really clear on what is acceptable in terms of referring to the forums of other companies so I'll leave it at that.

• 2 weeks later...
My French is a rusty but it looks like LLH Creations who make scenery for Meribel, France (LFKX) which has also has a sloped runway might have a solution for this.

It depends on where the world scenery mesh grid corners are. If they are between the apron and sloped runway, there is not problem, if they are beyond that (as in Lukla), we have this problem.

Bests,

Sascha

• 2 weeks later...
It depends on where the world scenery mesh grid corners are. If they are between the apron and sloped runway, there is not problem, if they are beyond that (as in Lukla), we have this problem.

Bests,

Sascha

I've tried both fixes with no good results. I still get the green hill on the runway at Lukla when flying from Katmando. Mission works great. Any other suggestions?

BigDave :mad:

I've tried both fixes with no good results. I still get the green hill on the runway at Lukla when flying from Katmando. Mission works great. Any other suggestions?

Strange that you seem to be the only one this doesn't work for. Did you try saving the flight and restarting the complete FS?

Bests,

Sascha

Strange that you seem to be the only one this doesn't work for. Did you try saving the flight and restarting the complete FS?

Bests,

Sascha

No...but I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks,

BigDave

• 1 month later...

hi there,

i've a problem on luklax.. when the massive hill gets removed from the parking area by adjusting mesh resolution to 19m another terrain appears at the slopy portion of the runway... n when the mesh resolution is adjusted to any , the massive hills occurs at the parking areas vanishing the terrain at the slope... can u help me?