Ga3 Hamburg Aes Issue

Hi,

Tonight I installed the new EDDH scenery but the installer did not recognize the old installed (and AES enabled) EDDH scenery.

So I removed the scenery by removing all EDDH_FS*.* files from the old scenery folder.

Neverthless when I landed, the new EDDH was AES enabled and consequently I had double gates (static + moving AES)

How can I remove these old AES gates untill the official AES has been relesed?

Egbert

I also installed the new Hamburg scenery and found that AES does not recognize it. However the Manual says it is supported by AES 1.99. I have AES 1.99a installed but, matter of fact, it is not recognized. What could be the problem?

Regards,

Domingos

Hi,

Tonight I installed the new EDDH scenery but the installer did not recognize the old installed (and AES enabled) EDDH scenery.

So I removed the scenery by removing all EDDH_FS*.* files from the old scenery folder.

Neverthless when I landed, the new EDDH was AES enabled and consequently I had double gates (static + moving AES)

How can I remove these old AES gates untill the official AES has been relesed?

Egbert

Thanks, I'll try tonight

The new Hamburg scenery is not yet supported by AES, according to a thread in the Scenery Discussion forum.

I know, but my question was about the current AES Hamburg version.

Somehow it is activated/visible in the newest Hamburg scenery, showing both static and dynamic gates.

I know, but my question was about the current AES Hamburg version.

Somehow it is activated/visible in the newest Hamburg scenery, showing both static and dynamic gates.

You need to deactivate the old GA3 EDDH.

I had the same problem.

Hello all,

Same problem here. Before I installed the new Hamburg scenery, I removed all EDDH related files from the old GA3 folder, including the AES files. After installing both the new Hamburg and AES version 1.99, AES didn't recognize EDDH. Putting back the AES files in the old GA 3 folder just led to double gateways. So 'deactivation' does not seem to be a solution, for me anyway.

While we're at the subject of recognition: AES does not recognize installed UK2000 'Extreme' sceneries either (Birmingham and Heathrow ought to be supported by AES). This may have something to do with the installation of these files in a separate folder in the main FS9 root, which is automatically created by the UK2000 install program, but I am reluctant to move these files to another location.

Regards,

René

• Developer

GAP3 EDDH is not supported yet by AES and the old Files are not Compatible.

A AES Installer 1.99b is in preperation and will be available soon.

GAP3 EDDH is not supported yet by AES

It is only a pity that the pdf Manual that comes with GAP3 EDDH says explicitely that to have AES support we have to buy AES 1.99. As the current version is 1.99a, I would assume the support was available at the date of the EDDH download.

Regards,

Domingos

• Developer
It is only a pity that the pdf Manual that comes with GAP3 EDDH says explicitely that to have AES support we have to buy AES 1.99. As the current version is 1.99a, I would assume the support was available at the date of the EDDH download.

Regards,

Domingos

Sorry, but I was not asked or involved in the production of that manual. But AES 1.99b will leave my PC tomorrow morning, so I think EDDH will be available the next 2 days (as I am not involved in the production of the installer, I can give a clearer date).

Btw: The only relevant source for AES Availablity is the Releasenote or better the list here: http://www.aerosoft.com/shop-re/links/aesairports.html

When the Scenery is not listed there (and not listed in the Releasenote) it will be 99%, that it is not included.

(ok, I save my time now and will not update the release note for 1.99b, so EDDH 2009 will not in there, but soon as possible in the web-list).

Thanks Oliver for your reply. The manual must have been written by the commercial people, and they are not known for exactness... This is not of course a problem with Aerosoft alone, but with most companies.

As I said in another post, congratulations for the excellent work with the traffic, that at last is "clever", i.e., does not run through my aircraft! I have no ideia how hard was to get this result, but it is certainly quite an improvement.

Regards,

Domingos