LOWI - Innsbruck preview

Rainer Duda

• Developer
Thanks for your friendly advice. If you "bother" actually reading my post, you will see that my question is about the (eventual) availability of a download version for FSX.

In postings above there is explicit mention of a boxed version for FS9 and FSX available sometime in July and (in a different post) of the download version only being made available for FS9. Clear now?

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom, no reason for quarrel I guess.

The entire project is focussing on versions both for FS9 and FSX. Both versions will be made available in a boxed version. But the production of the box cannot start until I finished both versions.

I finished the version for FS9 these days. The FS9 version will be available earlier than the box via download.

Hoping that now everything is clear.

greetz

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FS9 version will be available earlier than the box via download.

That still didn't answer Tom's question, which was will the FSX version be available via download, which I am also interested in knowing. Also, will that download be free to people who buy the FS9 version?

• Developer
That still didn't answer Tom's question, which was will the FSX version be available via download, which I am also interested in knowing. Also, will that download be free to people who buy the FS9 version?

no, as fas as I am informed from aerosoft, the FSX-version will NOT be available for download according to their current policy.

no, as fas as I am informed from aerosoft, the FSX-version will NOT be available for download according to their current policy.

Thanks for your response, Gianni. I guess Aerosoft won't give me the boxed FSX version as a free upgrade from the FS9 download version? So users who want both will have to wait for the boxed version (or pay twice)?

Tom

I buy scads of airports from Aerosoft and I am always able to download both the FS9 and FSX versions. Why should this release be any different? I don't like having boxed products because when you have as many addons as I do, boxed products are hard to store. I would much rather have downloads. That especially holds true for airports and scenery. I don't mind aircraft in boxed form.

I buy scads of airports from Aerosoft and I am always able to download both the FS9 and FSX versions. Why should this release be any different? I don't like having boxed products because when you have as many addons as I do, boxed products are hard to store. I would much rather have downloads. That especially holds true for airports and scenery. I don't mind aircraft in boxed form.

i fully agree

I don't like this new policy either. If it's not available as a download, then I won't be buying it.

Same here. I was looking forward to being able to download the FSX version. I don't understand why Aerosoft would have a policy about not being able to download the FSX version. I don't need the FS9 version, just the FSX one. I would rather not have to wait out the amount of time it will take for a box to be delivered from Germany to the U.S.

Same here. I was looking forward to being able to download the FSX version. I don't understand why Aerosoft would have a policy about not being able to download the FSX version. I don't need the FS9 version, just the FSX one. I would rather not have to wait out the amount of time it will take for a box to be delivered from Germany to the U.S.

not to mention the customs duties on items shipped from Europe to Canada (in my case) which could amount to close to 50% of the cost of the item. If Aerosoft pursues a policy of not making their products available for download, they are going to loose a lot of custom this side of the Atlantic.

Thanks for your response, Gianni. I guess Aerosoft won't give me the boxed FSX version as a free upgrade from the FS9 download version? So users who want both will have to wait for the boxed version (or pay twice)?

Tom

Which refers to me earlier post if you "bothered" to look, that issue was addressed in the post.

Cheers! :lol:

Let´s wait and see what Aerosoft will answer. They proved several times that they react to customers wishes, and I for myself can´t image that they will risk any business or gains outside Europe ;)

Therefore definitely a task for the publisher, not for the designer.

The thing is that they could start selling the FSX download version as soon as it is ready instead of having to wait to publish a boxed version. That way they make money and those who purchase the FS9 version can get the FSX version without delay. It is an obvious win/win situation.

I don't like boxed versions because when the updates come out, then you have unrelated update files stored on backups and separate boxed product CDs. I would much rather have my airports in a folder, backed up with all of the updates and serial codes than have folders with product updates and patches, then the boxed products stored on a shelf in the closet.

The thing is that they could start selling the FSX download version as soon as it is ready instead of having to wait to publish a boxed version. That way they make money and those who purchase the FS9 version can get the FSX version without delay. It is an obvious win/win situation.

I don't like boxed versions because when the updates come out, then you have unrelated update files stored on backups and separate boxed product CDs. I would much rather have my airports in a folder, backed up with all of the updates and serial codes than have folders with product updates and patches, then the boxed products stored on a shelf in the closet.

Good points. I guess I just like the download option, truely because I don't like to wait on packages arriving, especially on one being shipped from Europe. That would probably take at least two weeks to get here. Normally I am a pretty patient guy, but when it comes to FS stuff I want to be able to have it now, lol.

Good points. I guess I just like the download option, truely because I don't like to wait on packages arriving, especially on one being shipped from Europe. That would probably take at least two weeks to get here. Normally I am a pretty patient guy, but when it comes to FS stuff I want to be able to have it now, lol.

Yes, I am the same... I was under the impression the FSX download version was almost done and had money set aside for it. Same as for Mallorca which I purchased the minute it got published. Guess I should read better in the future. But I won't buy the boxed version either.

• Developer
Yes, I am the same... I was under the impression the FSX download version was almost done and had money set aside for it. Same as for Mallorca which I purchased the minute it got published. Guess I should read better in the future. But I won't buy the boxed version either.

I just had a telephone call with the aerosoft management and I am happy to confirm:

• Yes, of course there will be a FSX-version made available as download (buyers of the FS9-version will be able to upgrade to FSX without costs when this version is ready to launch)
  • Good news for our american fellows: with August this year aerosoft will have a branch near Boston (so those who want to have a boxed version then may buy directly in the States)

greetz

Ok, so everybody is happy again (bravo Aerosoft!), now PLEASE release this wet dream of a scenery! :lol::lol:

My creditcard can't take the tension anymore, so any idea when? Today, tomorrow? Please, please please? :unsure:

Regards,

Frank

PLEASE release this wet dream of a scenery! :lol::lol:

My creditcard can't take the tension anymore

:lol::lol::lol: Frank, this statement of yours really made my day. I went and bought Amsterdam (which I haven't done before for some strange reason), because my CC was jumping out of the wallet all by itself. Had a great flight from EHAM to LEPA and now I am here once more, to see if LOWI has become more than just a (wet) dream. :rolleyes:

If I can judge by Gianni's LOWK, it will be something special.

Regards,

Jure

That's interesting news about the Boston location. Do you know if it will be an actual brick-and-mortar store, or just a warehouse for shipping? Either way, I guess it will cut down the shipping costs.

Sorry, I shouldn't thread-jack. I'm looking forward to the FSX (download) version. That will probably be an instant-buy for me, when it becomes available.

I just had a telephone call with the aerosoft management and I am happy to confirm:

• Yes, of course there will be a FSX-version made available as download (buyers of the FS9-version will be able to upgrade to FSX without costs when this version is ready to launch)
  • Good news for our american fellows: with August this year aerosoft will have a branch near Boston (so those who want to have a boxed version then may buy directly in the States)

greetz

This is all great news. Once again Aerosoft comes through and hits a home run for its customers. :D

Aerosoft is right on top for the "Best in Business Award". B)

I am really impressed by the Customer Support of Aerosoft, and especially the fact they listen to their customers B)

I don't know where you read that, but it has been clear for me that the FS2004 version would come out first than the FSX version a bit later ;)

Can't wait to fly there...