LOWI - Innsbruck preview

Rainer Duda

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!! so we're pretty close to the release. End of June?

I do not understand German, so I am handicapped there, but the "to be released page" shows a (box?) release for July "without Guarantee".

If I understand correctly, the AES file is complete for Innsbruck for 2.0? So I am ready to buy as soon is it's for sale here!!!! What is the date it goes on sale in the Aerosoft shop?? :lol:

• Developer

Thank you all for your kind words!

The release date for the download version (FS9 only) depends on the production of the installer and the documentation (the latter starts right now). AES 1.99b contains the relevant files for LOWI already (for activation some credits will be needed as far as I see).

ATP2004 sales do not need any support because this addon is outstanding enough ;). I would really be surprised if a boost on additional sales is caused by my scenery (I mean everybody has it already).

The release date for the boxed version depends on the finalization of the amendments for FSX. As far as I understood my friends from aerosoft the box will contain both versions. I as the responsible designer am significantly behind the plan for the amendments for FSX; currently I am not able to state any date for this version. But I will try to find a solution anyway.

greetz

gianni

• Developer
Where can I get Austria Professional 2004? It's not up on the Aerosoft website. Or is this compatible with Holger Sandmann's mesh?

First question I cannot answer-this is an issue for the publisher. But ATP2004 comes with both an accurate mesh and landclasses as well as autogen objects. Most users I know use both addons (ATP2004 should have a higher priority than Holger's mesh in the scenery library).

Only if you're interested... ;)

Some screens from the release candidate. Own compiled AI-Traffic, Ultimate Terrain Europe around Innsbruck.

Ciao,

Rainer.

WoW WoW WoW WoW

Rainer HOT HOT :-O

Rainer,

something I've always wanted to tell you.

Sometimes after watching your screenshots I feel like buying a scenery even though I did not plan it before.

That is because you're an excelent screener!

Or at least you see the sceneries exactly as I like to see them.

Innsbruck, of course, has always been on my to-buy list.

Thank you for creating it, Gianni.

Best regards,

Rafal

Rainer,

It keeps looking better.

I mentioned earlier the inclusion of some houses, and smaller buildings, but looking at it now, it is not that big a deal after all. My issue was with the lack of some houses and buildings around the airport proper (Pic. 18 from your last post.) as it would have been great to add them. I do however understand and accept that there are limitations of all sorts, including fps hits, and too much work.

One question that you may help me with here though. I want to get Austria pro for fsx, and I know from what you mentioned earlier that it should be fine, but how about GE europe once it is released?

Also, I have fs global 2008, but I presume that Austria pro, like Switzerland will override in that region?

Sorry for all of the questions, but this stuff really confuses me, and I cannot seem to get a good grip on it. I am seriously considering removing fs global2008 as I am getting some conflicts with some airports ( KLAS, LSGG and others) , and even regions such as Venice. I am refering to the "Acropolis effect". I wanted it for more realistic mountains, but am finding that I can get what I want (mainly alps) from Switzerland, and Austria pro when I purchase it. So perhaps I should find a way to deactivate Europe.

Thanks for the input.

Hi,

Seems a really good project!

Nice screenshots! Bit scared for the frames it will eat though :(

But looking good!

I have a question though.

It was stated somewhere that there would be lead-in lights.

As I see on many screenshots, I see the sequenced flashers from the HIALS. But will there still be the seperate lead-in lights throughout the city?

I tried to find a good picture/video from what I asking, but I couldn't find one.

For the people who have the DVD of World Air Routes - Air Alps. The final approach in this dvd is made in Innsbruck (at night).

Then you can clearly see the lead-in lights, which are different from the sequenced flashers.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

• Developer

Hi Cretian,

Yes, the lead in lights are included. It is a sequence of 20 flashes across the entire city. In reality these flashes are operated by the tower controller; but I decided to let them burn without limitation.

greetz

@all: Thanks for your kind words. I'm only able to do such screens if the scenery is as good as it is in this case.

@Rafal:

something I've always wanted to tell you. Sometimes after watching your screenshots I feel like buying a scenery even though I did not plan it before.
Hihi, maybe this is the reason why our great designers here love to see such shots while the addon is in beta-stage. ;)

Or at least you see the sceneries exactly as I like to see them.
There you get the point. It's in my eyes always visible if someone really is an enthusiastic (or crazy...) flightsim fan or if the screens are made from people who are only involved by business.

And - to be honest - I have an actual system, many addons and a special skill with design in my past.

@Waleed:

My issue was with the lack of some houses and buildings around the airport proper as it would have been great to add them
Of course you give yourself the correct answer. Gianni has to stop at one point. And in my eyes he stopped at the best point.

Sorry for all of the questions, but this stuff really confuses me, and I cannot seem to get a good grip on it. I am seriously considering removing fs global2008

You're welcome. I'm not sure if you want answers for FS9 or FSX. I only tested LOWI in fs9 and I'm not really a FSX-fan - not yet. ;)

FSGlobal 2008 is no problem. Of course - with such better meshes - you get shaper cliffs. Gianni has to flatten the area around the airport but this area isn't really flatten. So you'll see harder borders where the phototexture ends. That's the same you described for KLAS or LSGG. In this cases the problem is, that the airport flatten is higher than the area around and so you'll find the airport like an aircraft carrier on a hill. But not in LOWI. Here you only get noticable flatten/Mesh-borders in the north with a sharper edge and a rising mountain.

If you examine my screenshots you'll see this edge in this screen at the right side near the right wing.

lowi010.jpg

It depends on your FS-options how visible this edge is. In fs9 there was a parameter in the fs9.cfg called "terrain max vertex level" who changed the distance between visible mesh points.

Nothing Gianni could really solve. It's only possible to minimize the effect.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Thanks again. I can live with the effects, and I see what you are refering to in the picture and it is not bad at all.

I agree yet again that he has settled for a very good balance, as the scenery has gotten me to want to go see the real city and airport.

As for the "fix", I think (hope) we will be lucky enough to have a new sim that might be able to fix a lot of issues and limitations we are facing currently.

P.S. I was refering to both, even though I prefer (smoother and more add-ons) fs9 a little over fsx. MD-11 has me using fsx more than normal, and aes fsx is starting to tip the balance. Once I get a new (i7) pc with w7 next year, I may have to dedicate more time on fsx.

Great work, and I am looking forward to getting the box soon.

Hi Cretian,

Yes, the lead in lights are included. It is a sequence of 20 flashes across the entire city. In reality these flashes are operated by the tower controller; but I decided to let them burn without limitation.

greetz

May we please have a picture of this effect? My credit card is burning such a big a hole through my wallet my pants back pocket is smoking, and I can smell my butt on fire! :lol:

How's the installer coming along?

Cheers!

newmanix

Request for Gianni and Oliver.

Is there any way you can add AES lite road for the Klagenfurt scenery?? This would be a great addon to this wonderful scenery.

And maybe, in the future, you can do a payware Klagenfurt with the city buildings like LOWI!

Below are the pictures of the roads that need the AES lite. :)

fs92009-06-0622-24-19-68.jpg

fs92009-06-0622-24-37-08.jpg

fs92009-06-0622-24-52-54.jpg

fs92009-06-0622-25-23-85.jpg

fs92009-06-0622-33-55-78.jpg

• Developer

Hi newmanix,

technically this should be no problem. You know it is a question of time and motivation for the designer. From today's perspective I do not know when and if I will start another project after the finalization of the FSX-version of LOWI. I spent now almost 4 years without any break in designing. Hence, I simple have to pause a little bit.

greetz

Hi newmanix,

technically this should be no problem. You know it is a question of time and motivation for the designer. From today's perspective I do not know when and if I will start another project after the finalization of the FSX-version of LOWI. I spent now almost 4 years without any break in designing. Hence, I simple have to pause a little bit.

greetz

I understand, and thank you for your consideration Gianni. And considering your 4 years of hard work were free for us, I hope LOWI will pay off well!!

Hopefully Oliver can just add the traffic into the current code. But he as well needs a break too eh?

Cheers! :)